Our UONTV Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Our video is Displayed twice daily for the next month or so at 12noon and 7pm! Be sure to catch it! It's quite Hilarious! :D :cool: :bounce

By the way, I'm also with Sadoun. I didn't think to be smart like ashley and put that in my username when I registered. Oops. Oh well.

Oh Yeah, and I was on tv!! :D :neener

I had alot of fun doing the commercial. I enjoy getting feedback from customers, that makes the embarrassment worth it. :p

Hey, I learned to pronounce Sadoun. I was thinking "sad-own". It's more like "sue-din".

Nice - I'll look for it on UonTv.

Shawn

I saw part of it too. Nice... tell the camera guy to lay off the zoom button while recording next time. Always remember to set the zoom while you are not recording. :)

jamal and staff.. please check out the attached video clip i was kicking around the idea for you show...
let me know what ya think

thnanks
doc

Attachments

• twinhan review 1.wmv
    4.9 MB · Views: 144
I got to see it last night. I was impressed with all the merchandise you have.
I also learned how to pronounce Sadoun and more importantly, how to pronounce DISEqC :D
Anyway, I thought you all did a great job. Looking forward to the next show.

I also saw the adds for satelliteGuys.US, Nice work.

Hey guys,

I've had tons of fun watching UONTV in general. Especially the Ramirez Family Vacation and stuff like that was a hoot. I also saw the Sadoun commercial. My wife came in the room while I was watching it, and asked me what in godsname I was watching.. Hahaha! We both ended up watching it when it reran a half hour later.

Without sounding too harsh... It was amusing and entertaining, but painful at the same time.....

Since you're looking for suggestions, here are some:

- You could highlight products individually, and give some technical advice. Such as, why would I buy a 36" dish? Versus a 33". What is the difference? Show a map of the US with the coverage of IA5 for instance, and explain the dB numbers and show how that affects your ability to receive channels. Talk about LNB's and the noise factor as well as the linear, circular, etc aspects.
- PLEASE USE A TRIPOD! :) And I'll reiterate what people said before, but STOP USING THE ZOOM BUTTON! (with the low quality for the MPEG signal on UONTV it looks pretty bad when it gets all blocky when the whole screen changes)
- Do a special where you show how to assemble a dish/LNB and take the viewer through the entire process of leveling the pole and finding the angles etc (and what tools to use). Obviously if people are watching on UONTV they already have this done, but you could add the video footage as a VHS or DVD disc to customers orders (for a charge)
- Do a similar special, but then for motorized dishes, since that still gets a lot of people in trouble (myself included) if you look at postings on this site. Show how to fine-tune your setup and show characteristics from different motors, such as weight loading, movement range. Highlight USALS/DiSEqC 1.2 and the differences.
- Talk about the receivers and what they can do. And show how to set them up for a single satellite. Talk about resources like Lyngsat, your forum, this forum, etc.

Ok, I could go on :) Essentially, if the commercial became more of a technical show with commercial pitches in there for the Sadoun products, that would be great! And something I'd actually go back and watch!

Don't take this post the wrong way.. You guys got off to a great start. :)

Robbert

Robbert

Fantastic feedback. Wonderful input.

We are considering all that you have recommended and I agree with you on all. We now need to devote the resources and efforts to bring DIY and product reviews shows. Until then, keep your recommendations coming.

BTW, what made your wife stick around to watch the whole show? Is she into your hobby as well?

:D

I agree with Robert-more "tech talk" and less zoom. Probably the two most common mistakes made by amateur videographers (not that I am an expert) are too much zoom and not holding the shot on one subject (constantly moving or moving too quickly).

All in all though a good show! :)

We did this video on a Friday afternoon with no script or preparation. I feel it was a B-. We will Aim to to have an A (-/+) in our next production after taking into consideration your constructive comments :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)