Overdue Thanks (Mounting/Fishing/Concealing Cables)

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Cant find the threads but in the past several months we discussed mounting on drywall, and running cables behind the walls etc

I initially centered the TV on the wall in line with the furniture. Since I could only find one stud, the rest of the mount is secured in the drywall using 200lbs rated anchors (55" Sony HX750 is 31lbs --> this past weekend I discovered the studs are 24" aparts (the other side of the wall is concrete).

On the left side, I made a 2" x 2" hole and ran 3 HDMI cables, Cat5 and RG6 from the TV and fished to the end corner wall (6ft high corner shelving unit which contains the xbox, MicroHD etc.

A colleague (electrician) installed a power plug behind the TV.

Now EVERYTHING in concealed and looks pretty darn good. Despite the man cave looking like a play house with all the toys... the room looks awesome nonetheless!

Thanks again to those who put in their 2 cents!

Cheers, K

Last edited:
I've hidden as much as I could with my surround speakers but hiding the cabling for the components and front three speakers is impossible. I have Monster M2.2s " garden hose " speaker cables for the front three. Thought about covering them with that rattlesnake TechFlex so they'll look like a couple of timber rattlers coiled up behind the speakers. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)