Painting Dishes...

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
My once beautiful black glossy & whatever dish has now faded and the surface is rough enough that snow readly sticks to it. What makes me bring this up is an orange dish that I saw for up for grabs that was concidered vandalized and unusable. I was told by a "training installer" that had his face 6" from it told me you can easily paint them with no problem. Or can you wrap 'em?

So can a dish be painted and still be functional? I have a 1K2 & 500 that needs it badly.

I would like to do: "I'm with Stupid >" "< I'm with Stupid". Or the gray the dish uses but high gloss so the snow slides off.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

I've painted a few with automotive paints. Not glossy but with a satin finish. You don't want a glossy finish focusing the sun into the LNBF. And gloss paints will do that.
Last winter I tried a spray from Home Depot used to coat snow blowers that keeps snow from sticking on my big dish. I sprayed it on in the fall and wiped a few coats in with a rag. It worked pretty good. I hope snow season is about over.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)