Paramount +

Paramount owned shows that air on CBS, are now in 4K/HDR and Atmos on Paramount+, that includes NCIS, NCIS Hawaii, CSI, Ghosts, a few others.

The non Paramount owned shows like FBI, are now in 1080P/HDR and Dolby Atmos.

Look under the title to the right says 4K.

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

Paramount+ came in handy the other day, when shows via DTV satellite, were unable to record. Wife records her evening shows to watch the next day. Same with having Peacock. We have both, plus some other apps for movies. Wife is a series watcher and I am for movies.

Reactions: ncted
Hmmm, I may have to check this out.
One of the reasons I am a cord cutter, get the same shows from Paid Live TV in much better quality.

Also discovered, the new Shogun mini-series on FX, is in 4K/HDR on Hulu.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
and if you have the premium package on Disney+ you can get Shogun in 4K/Dolby Vision.
better.

edit-just watched the first few minutes on D+, that is some of the best looking 4K I have seen for a TV Show.

Cut the P+ as of Sunday. PQ/Cost.. I go cost. Maybe next BF they will have a better dial for a year.

Cut the P+ as of Sunday. PQ/Cost.. I go cost. Maybe next BF they will have a better dial for a year.
Better deal for the year ???
Better than What ?

I have been getting it for 1/2 price for the last 2 years ... a few others have as well.

1/2 price is $60 for the year, or $5 a month ... I'd say, thats pretty good.

To each their own, now that they added HDR to half of the CBS programming, 4K/HDR to the other half, makes it even more of a value.

Since I am a Cord Cutter now, I get the vast majority of Paid Live TV content, all the exclusive streaming content, HBO and Showtime for $70 a month.

But price is not the only reason, the much improved picture/sound makes it more worth it, when was the last time Traditional Live TV tried to make the picture better, like making increasing the bit rates or the resolution, Comcast is still down converting to 720P, I have read that Dish still knocks it down to 1440x1080I.

Even if streaming was more, I would pay it for the much better quality.
Better than What ?

I have been getting it for 1/2 price for the last 2 years ... a few others have as well.

As often as Paramount runs coupon codes, easy to get the price down, I use the half off year currently and I pay for it with Gift Cards I get with my CC points.

But I have a friend that works there ( the same one who got me the job with Disney, then she was let go and now works for Paramount), she told me they are going to start cutting back on the promo codes, just let new subscribers use them.

To each their own, now that they added HDR to half of the CBS programming, 4K/HDR to the other half, makes it even more of a value.

Since I am a Cord Cutter now, I get the vast majority of Paid Live TV content, all the exclusive streaming content, HBO and Showtime for $70 a month.

But price is not the only reason, the much improved picture/sound makes it more worth it, when was the last time Traditional Live TV tried to make the picture better, like making increasing the bit rates or the resolution, Comcast is still down converting to 720P, I have read that Dish still knocks it down to 1440x1080I.

As often as Paramount runs coupon codes, easy to get the price down, I use the half off year currently and I pay for it with Gift Cards I get with my CC points.

But I have a friend that works there ( the same one who got me the job with Disney, then she was let go and now works for Paramount), she told me they are going to start cutting back on the promo codes, just let new subscribers use them.
Thats not Good news ....

Do you remember what months it was that they run the 50% off deal ?
Trying to help out a friend.

Thats not Good news ....
Makes sense, trying to become profitable, how often does DirecTV give you promo codes for half off, cannot expect any different for Paramount.
Do you remember what months it was that they run the 50% off deal ?
Trying to help out a friend.
No, they just used to pop up at different times, my guess is they will have a deal for new/returning subscribers on Black Friday’s 4 day sale, til the Monday.

Better than What ?

This years included ads. Last year (starting as just P+), none. for '24. you had to get Paramount+ and Showtime for ads free.

This years included ads. Last year (starting as just P+), none. for '24. you had to get Paramount+ and Showtime for ads free.
Yep, became a $1 more basically, my yearly regular price went from $119 to $129.

But I hate when people bring up price increases for streaming, but do not mention in comparison to paid Live TV, which is still going up, some services twice a year, but are providing less content.

Comcast increase in January was a average of $14, DirecTV had two increases last year, about $12-15 for both added together.

Reactions: Wobble
Myself, I prefer DTV Satellite with the complete channel offers in their Ultimate Package +_Regional Sports. Every year, I receive DTV's promotion discount for 12 months. For wife's and I requirements, there are NO missing channels, that we need access to. There is not much savings to go to DTV Stream or You Tube or the like. DTV Satellite is so easy to navigate.

Reactions: Jimbo

I just subscribed again and Halo is the only series I can find that is 4K Dolby Vision/Atmos.

NCIS:Sydney is 4K Dolby Vision, but only stereo audio.

I watched NCIS and Blue Bloods and they are HD, not HDR.

Newer shows like CSI:Vegas, Fire Country, etc. are 4K only, not HDR.

Standard scripted fare that also airs on CBS seems to be 5.1 only.

That screenshot you posted does say best available format is streamed.

I just subscribed again and Halo is the only series I can find that is 4K Dolby Vision/Atmos.
First what tier do you have, only the top tier are you supposed to get 4K/HDR/DV.

And there is a lot more in 4K, most of Paramount’s originals, all the Star Trek shows ( except Lower Decks), Seal Team, Evil, The Offer (great show), Yellowstone Spin offs, new Criminal Minds, Why Women Kill, The Stand, Special Ops, etc.

Then there is a bunch of Showtime content in 4K.
I watched NCIS and Blue Bloods and they are HD, not HDR.
NCIS was, but it was pulled, no idea why.

Blue Bloods is supposed to, again, do not know why, I have a friend that works for Paramount, she is who got me the job with Disney, then she lost her job in the purge last year ( I did also, but they hired me back a week later), I will ask her the next time we speak.
Newer shows like CSI:Vegas are 4K only, not HDR.
My Anthem Processor, which my Roku is plugged into to, then out to the TV, shows me everything about the video signal , even the bitrate if I wish, shows if it is 1080P/4K/HDR/DV or not, not watched CSI, but did watch 2 episodes of Ghosts, both were in HDR.

Roku is set to automatic.
Standard scripted fare that airs on CBS seems to be 5.1 only.
I get Atmos, I will post pictures with the info the next time I watch something on there.
That screenshot you posted does say best available format is streamed.

Reactions: David Ortiz
and if you have the premium package on Disney+ you can get Shogun in 4K/Dolby Vision.

Are you sure about this? I have the premium Disney+ package and don't see Shogun listed anywhere. When searching online I see that program only on Disney+ in the UK.