Pat on the back for me and you

bryan92

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 31, 2003
Statesboro, Ga
I am trying to sell an old receiver on ebay ( 4700 ). I got an email right off the bat about bypassing the auction. His first question was about rev and rom. I did a search on here and found that him being from Canada and those two words aren't good. He emailed me a second time and said that "was not a real popular card". I had enough and told him although I would love to take his $100 that I would rather not deal with a hacker. :clap

BTW Its possible this is in the wrong forum. I haven't posted in a while and things are a little different with the board.

I even remember reading this thread.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=5648&highlight=rev+rom

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
good job!

yep...easiest way to deter a hacker..

WILL SHIP TO US ONLY!! :D

I was selling a 3700 one time. Brand new in the package..never been opened..I even put in the auction "I do not know the smart card or R# as it is new in the box"

I got 3 e-mails asking for the ROM or the number on the back of the card or what color the card was

My response: Its a pretty card or "One you can activate on Dish"

But the US only stopped alot of it

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
I check the "Ships to US only" on all my auctions. I also put it in my descritions, as well. Yet, Canadians still bid AND win. It pisses me off, not only in regards to possible credit card fraud, but it's a pain in the ass to ship there.

If I check "US Only" , why does Ebay allow Canadians, with Canadian addresses on their accounts, even bid on them? There should be an automated disqualification.

Good News about L187 download

Should I? Can I?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts