Patient Channel 87w

Keith Brannen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Southwestern Ontario
Looks like we are losing the Patient Channel from satellite. The channel has been at 87w (if not longer) since I first got into FTA back in 2006.

The following screen shot I captured moments ago has been up for a couple of days, at least. Anyhow, it appears to me that the message is definitely suggesting it will be gone soon from satellite.

PatientChannel.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
I wish they would hurry up and turn our fiber on here! My DSL doesn't have enough balls to stream a SD ROKU stream and download my email at the same time! So anything IP based seems off limits here till they do LOL! I've gotten some good info from the Patient Channel over the years so I hate to see it go

I wish they would hurry up and turn our fiber on here! My DSL doesn't have enough balls to stream a SD ROKU stream and download my email at the same time! So anything IP based seems off limits here till they do LOL! I've gotten some good info from the Patient Channel over the years so I hate to see it go
Here in Northeast PA we have up to 1200 mbps through Comcast! Haven't had DSL since 2010!

Here in Northeast PA we have up to 1200 mbps through Comcast! Haven't had DSL since 2010!
No cable here although I have thought about building one LOL I get 1 channel with 4 subs here but up on the mountain above me where my repeater is located I can get roughly 11 channels and multiple subs even without any preamp or other enhancements. If I had internet there I'd have it whipped :)

...If I had internet there I'd have it whipped :)
Is Starlink an option for you?

I've been online with them for about a month and the performance is incredible for someone living out in the middle of the woods.

You do need a pretty good view to the "north" typically in the lower 48 states.

Pics are the mount I fabricated to breed the Starlink mount to a Rohn tower and the dish installed but still pointing south (stowed) before I activated it. It helps when you have a buddy with a bucket truck.

Attachments

• Starlink on Tower 8-2-2023.jpg
    Starlink on Tower 8-2-2023.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Starlink Tower Mount 8-2-2023.jpg
    Starlink Tower Mount 8-2-2023.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 90
Patient channel programming has stopped again, with a message similar to the last time, but with the added line that the "delivery method is moving to a new system". Wonder whether the satellite feed will be shut off on Friday (the 1st). Screen shot below:
PatientChannel2.jpg

• Sad
Sure I am 60 plus, but I still smoke and drink, but I have a good life. I would hate to live to a hundred and never enjoyed a good meal, or waste my heartbeats running down the street, I am over 60 and am 6 foot 1 and weigh 195 lbs. My work keeps me that way.
Enjoy life, we all will die eventually.

Back in the 60's and 70's we were lucky to make it to the early sixties, were to you thing the social security timelines came from, they hoped we were all dead, now just keep uping the age since we cant pay you.