Patriots vsEagles Blackout

I missed the end of the game because Dish network decided to black out NFL Network at the scheduled start of the Chargers telecast, but the first game wasn't over yet.

Lame.
So Dish decided to black out a NFL game with out the NFL's approval? I highly doubt this is legal(unless its in an contract or some other legal agreement) which I dont think even Dish has enough money or high powered lawyers to fight the NFL in court if its true that Dish took it on themselves to black out a NFL game even if its a preseason game that no body really cares about. Well except fantasy football fans who are doing scouting working and the team fans.

Dish doesn't decide. If it ran over into the new games time slot, and the new game was supposed to be blacked out, legally, dish has to black it out. Our grievance would be with the nfl network and/or who bought the viewing rights for the time slot.

The refs owned the Saints/Titans game also. More penalties than I have ever seen before. New rule on hands to the face and they were making players aware of it and anything else that might violate the rules.

There is another possibility to look into. They don't advertise it, but all cable company's are required to carry a super basic tier of local stations for about $15/mo. They may included the subchannels.

Most cabelcos do include most, if not all, of the local sub-channels with those basic packages. Unfortunately, they cost closer to $25 than $15 nowadays.

Reactions: Tampa8
this blackout is a regional blackout to prevent people from seeing the game on the NFL network instead of local station it's only for preseason. it's a pain but the local station owns the local rights to the game and they are the one s placing the blackout, not Dish, not NFL Netowrk, the locals stations. the reason why is they want local ratings for the game in their area.

example: if you live in Dallas, tonight's Cowboys/Ravens game will be blacked out on NFL network due to KTVT 11 owning the local rights to the game, so DFW area Cowboys fans need to watch 11 in order to see the game. as in KTVT is enforcing the blackout.

I don't understand the blackout policy at all. Right now, the Cowboys and Ravens are playing on the NFL Network. It says it's not available for viewing in my area. However, there are not any games on in my area to conflict with. I'm not in either the Ravens nor Cowboys market, so who gets to view this game? My son lives in the Cowboys' market, and he's watching it on the local Fox affiliate.

Griffin Communications has enforced the blackout on NFLnet for the Cowboys twice now here in Tulsa. Its irks me though that it is blacked out on Dish but not Cox. The preseason opener against the Chargers, we got blacked out on Dish and Griffin then taped delayed the Cowboys game by and hour and a half because they also have the Chiefs rights and for some reason they put them both on KQCW to start the season. Normally Griffin puts the Cowboys on KOTV and the Chiefs on sister station KQCW. Now tonight we also have a dang weather graphic and scroll on the screen because of a storm up along the Kansas border. :oldmad

I think someone at WCAX made a last minute decision they'd have better ratings and fewer upset people if they stuck with the usual Friday night lineup than show a meaningless preseason game,If it was patriots-Giants it would have been different.Too bad no one communicated that decision.I'm sure the parties involved are being paid well for their incompetence.

You may want to consider "moving" to Windham County where you can receive both Boston and Burlington locals. I saw that last nights game in question was aired on both WBZ4 and WMUR9 last evening. Could help you out for future games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)