Payoff or Petition?

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Just a question I was thinking of, for all of you HD-DVD supporters who are in that forum encouraging people to go and sign that "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World, Save HD-DVD" petition, and posting regular updates to the number of signatures...

How many of you are also of the opinion that Warner accepted a [fill in the blank with the dollar figure of your choice] payoff to go Blu-Ray exclusive? Because to me, the two don't go together. If they accepted that money, nothing any of you say or do will make a difference, regardless of how many signatures you get.

On the other hand, if you believe that they really just made the decision they felt was best for them, of their own accord, without taking a payoff, then maybe signing the petition makes a little more sense... not that we'll hear any less complaining about the payoff, I'm sure...

But which is worse for HD-DVD? Warner taking a payoff to leave them or them deciding to do it all on their own?

Ah, just let them sign the petition, it makes them feel better. Its been so quiet in here the last couple of days, no reason to get everyone stirred up.

Often petitions are a way to express disapprovel of something. That is likely the case here.

As fora payoff there is no "proof" of same but I would not expect there to be proof of it either.

IF you could get a payoff you would be stupid NOT to take it right?

Was there one...I don't know...do I suspect there was one...sure...but that is just how business gets done...

I'd support Blu-Ray for $400 million or even a measely $120 million. There's not a Blu-Ray supporter on this board that won't support HD DVD for $150 million.

The petition makes people feel better. Honestly, the only thing that would change any studios mind would be a large increase of sales of HD DVD hardware. Unfortunately for HD DVD, bloggers and the media are leaning hard against this and retailers are following.

Ah, just let them sign the petition, it makes them feel better. Its been so quiet in here the last couple of days, no reason to get everyone stirred up.

Saturday was anything but quiet, with all that FUD floating to the surface.... it was like a toilet that did not want to flush :D

Yeah, Ive seen two scenarios mentioned. One is, CCity is phasing out HDDVD, second is it was a booboo on CCity's part.

Both sound like BS, Ill await the official memo.

Saturday was anything but quiet, with all that FUD floating to the surface.... it was like a toilet that did not want to flush :D

You say that like it is something out of the ordinary around here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts