PBS on 125

I spoke too soon. 12180 V on 125W is gone here, now jumping between 7.7 db and 8.4 db. 12145 H is 10.7 db and 12155 H is 11.1 db.

A quick check of the radar shows rain at the uplink site in Alexandria, VA.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
Well this might explain why I just spend like over an hour getting it back in. Have to be spot on with a 36" Hughesnet dish and a ESX521 LNB with a V8 sat signal finder. 123 W has a strong signal from Daystar TV as a hoping point. Fun stuff

If anyone was having trouble getting Montana PBS, you should have no trouble whatsoever getting it now. Obviously, they have boosted power substantially (at the moment, and has been steady since I scanned it in earlier today). Hopefully, the signal doesn't drop again.

Here is the interesting part, I moved my 80cm dish that I had on 125 recently to 99 to try and get the new PBS mux (and was a failure, as expected, hopefully, after they shut off 125, they will boost power). I also had an LNB for Reuters at 129 on the same dish, so moved a 60e dish I had to 125/129, and found I also could also get the PBS mux as well at 70% on the AZBox (fairly good quality level).

Anyhow, this morning Montana PBS also showed up on that 60e (at around 48-50) which is good enough (no pixelation, etc.). So anyone with a larger dish than a 60e should have no problems at all!

Enjoy (while it lasts at these good signal levels)!

Reactions: Brct203 and FTA4PA
I tweaked my dish the other day and got half a dB higher SNR on the other transponders on 99W, but still can't pick up PBS there at all. I really hope they increase the power.

Not seeing Montana PBS now.
screenshot_20230517211754.jpg

screenshot_20230517211913.jpg

screenshot_20230517212530.jpg

Montana PBS is now on simulcasting on Galaxy 16 (99W) at 11718 H 2390, showing a reading of 11 dB using a 1.2m dish.

Signal power for PBS on G16 has also increased, now at 13.6 dB.

Montana PBS now has a scroll on the 125W feed saying: "Montana PBS is moving to a new satellite. If you are seeing this message, please contact your service provider or Montana PBS." Not that we didn't know it, but confirmation that their switch over date is the same as the PBS mux at the end of the month.

EDIT: Their SQ is all over the place, from 49-50 then increasing and eventually hitting 100 on a 60e dish on the AZBox, then dropping again, then increasing and now "seems" stable at 100!

Isn't that interesting! I'm sitting here watching Montana PBS on 125W. Peaking my motor to get the very best reading: 6.8 dB only. Then as I'm monitoring, it suddenly jumps to 17.0 dB. That's where it is right now. I've never seen something like that as I watched. For reference, the PBS mux is 9.8 dB.

Montana PBS_125W.jpg

Yes, I have been monitoring it off and on the last while, and seeing it jump all over, and then settle at 100! Most entertaining considering for months I could never get it on an 80cm, then just before they move they increased it so that I was able to get it on an 60e, and now it is blasting!

That's weird, my signal just dropped a little down to just 60 to 61 % but nothing that a sharp of changes of signal itself.

But will keep eye on it though... ;) :hatsoff2