Status
Not open for further replies.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
The Pentagon Channel will begin audio podcasts of military news and information for men and women in uniform beginning Nov. 7.

Podcasts, which have been embraced by traditional and non-traditional media outlets, give the military a new way to distribute news to 2.6 million members of the U.S. Armed Forces around the world.

It’s unclear how many of that 2.6 million have iPods and other portable media players, but Podcasts can also be played from personal computers. The on-demand style content alleviates time-zone issues and allows military personnel throughout the world to get information on their own terms.

“We’re excited about leveraging technology that allows for more programming choices for our men and women in uniform,” said Allison Barber, deputy assistant secretary of defense for public affairs.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6281559.html?display=Breaking+News

thought this was interesting. however, i don't think to many military members will be jumping at these podcasts.

Depend what they offer... Armed forces TV would be cool to have on podcast (not the Pentagon Channel)..Unless you have been overseas you havent seen what im talking about

Even before I got Voom, when they first came to E*, I had a old dish300 pointed at 61.5 just for this channel. I think it would be great if E* was to move this channel off of the 61.5 sat and bring it over to the Dish 500 (110/119) so that more people would be able to see it. I don't have a IPod and I'm not in the military but I think that its great that they do offer it on IPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts