Personal Computer Game News

A mere 2 years after the release of Episode 3, Episode 4 of Kentucky Route Zero is now finally released.

FYI, there's 5 total episodes in the game.

A mere 2 years after the release of Episode 3, Episode 4 of Kentucky Route Zero is now finally released.

FYI, there's 5 total episodes in the game.

I bought this on sale years ago but knowing how slow it was coming along I never started playing it. Maybe when it is finally finished in 2018 I will give it a shot but probably only if the reviews are calling it a game of the years contender.

I got through 1 chapter and was into the 2nd and just got distracted by... I don't know.. something more interesting. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't BAD, but it was so out there that it was hard to stay interested. It also didn't help that at times the game literally made you read WALLS of dialog text.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pascal-titan-x-revealed,32309.html

Nvidia announced the Pascal version (1000 series) of their Titan X today. I think giving it the same name as the Maxwell version Titan (900 series) is going to cause some confusion but the card will obviously be a beast. For only $1200 you can get a GPU that has 12 GB of DDR5X VRAM. There are no benchmarks available yet but it is supposed to be about 60% faster than the last generation Titan X.

And then when the 1100 series comes out, you can get a 1170 that's more powerful at less than half the cost. ;p

Exactly. Even if I had piles of excess money lying around I don't think I would go for the $1200 Titan cards. The ~$400 x70 card from the next generation has beaten it ever since the original Titan.

You could buy one Titan X and keep it for 3 GPU generations or for the same or less money buy the xx70 card 3 generations in a row. By the time you buy that 2nd gneration xx70 card you would already have more power than the Titan and by the 3rd generation xx70 you would be blowing it away.

More realistically you would save money by purchasing every 2nd or 3rd generation of x70 and see a massive performance increase each time you do.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on PC is a bit of a mess...

Yeah, that looks pretty terrible. Too bad because I actually had some interest in this as someone who never played these games but always heard good things about them. Maybe eventually it will be patched into a playable game.

Yeah that may have been cool to play co-op. It doesn't help that it was just sort of "released." No build up or hype or anything. Also stinks that it's digital only so I can't rent it for consoles.

So king3pj and I tried out the Lawbreakers Alpha last night. Overall we thought it was pretty good. It takes a little while to get used to because of the different game styles which are really just modified versions of other game styles from other games, but once we figured out the controls and objectives it was quite a bit of fun. I'm interested to see what develops from this.

Here's the gameplay video of us playing. I apologize for the so-so framerate. It ran smoothly locally. The recording was the issue.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that the menu music is reminiscent of the galaxy map theme from Mass Effect?

So king3pj and I tried out the Lawbreakers Alpha last night. Overall we thought it was pretty good. It takes a little while to get used to because of the different game styles which are really just modified versions of other game styles from other games, but once we figured out the controls and objectives it was quite a bit of fun. I'm interested to see what develops from this.

Here's the gameplay video of us playing. I apologize for the so-so framerate. It ran smoothly locally. The recording was the issue.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that the menu music is reminiscent of the galaxy map theme from Mass Effect?

It's weird that the 720p and 1080p playback options are 48 FPS. I'm not sure I've ever seen that on youtube before. It's usually the standard 30 FPS or 60 FPS. I wonder if that has something to do with the stuttering that is happening in the video. You might want to double check your recording settings in Shadowplay. I have mine set to record at 60 FPS with the high quality bitrate setting.

If you are editing with something like Windows Movie Maker you want to check the encoding settings there too. By default mine was set to 30 FPS so I made a custom setting that encodes at 1080p 60 FPS with 12 Mbps bitrate because that is what Youtube recommends. You can go with a higher bitrate but if you do Youtube just compresses it themselves so it takes longer to publish and it seemed like the video quality was sharper when I just followed their guidelines.

Hah.. I didn't even notice that there was a 48 FPS option in YouTube or that it was on the video. Looks like though that I was using too high of an encoding rate. I was using 30. I'll bump it down to 15. The reason I'm not doing to 12 is because I think gaming may require a bit more just because there's so much stuff on the screen moving around quickly that I don't want it to be a blocky mess. I'll try some tests with Overwatch at 15 and see how it comes out.

Like I said I think the issue was using the desktop recording instead of a true "in game" recording. Overall though this was more of a learning experience as opposed to something that I'm presenting to the rest of the world as the standard of my quality.

Hah.. I didn't even notice that there was a 48 FPS option in YouTube or that it was on the video. Looks like though that I was using too high of an encoding rate. I was using 30. I'll bump it down to 15. The reason I'm not doing to 12 is because I think gaming may require a bit more just because there's so much stuff on the screen moving around quickly that I don't want it to be a blocky mess. I'll try some tests with Overwatch at 15 and see how it comes out.

Like I said I think the issue was using the desktop recording instead of a true "in game" recording. Overall though this was more of a learning experience as opposed to something that I'm presenting to the rest of the world as the standard of my quality.

What seems to work for me is letting Shadowplay record at whatever the default bitrate for high quality is and let it record at my full resolution. I don't remember the number but it's a lot higher than 12 Mbps. I would definitely start with a higher quality video from Shadowplay and then work from there.

Since I usually want to trim parts of the video and get just the highlight I want to share instead of the full 3 minute recording I use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video. After you edit the video your new clip has to be rendered. This is when I pick my custom encoding option to compress the video to 1080p, 60 FPS, and 12 Mbps to meet Youtube's standards.

Obviously, if you just want to upload the exact recording you made from Shadowplay this doesn't help you much. You could still open it with Windows Movie Maker and compress it yourself even if you don't actually edit anything though. There are other options but Windows Movie Maker is a free part of Windows 10 and it's easy to use if all you want to do is put a few separate video clips together in one highlight reel or take one long video and cut the beginning and end off.

Yeah, that looks pretty terrible. Too bad because I actually had some interest in this as someone who never played these games but always heard good things about them. Maybe eventually it will be patched into a playable game.
Marvel Games has acknowledged the game is sh*t and is trying to fix it with Activision.

I think the answer was simple: Actually FINISH the game before you release it.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/marvel...h-marvel-ultimate-alliance-re-release-3442062

GoG now has 3 classic Genesis Disney games available.

Were these games even originally on PC? I remember playing a ton of Aladdin on my cousin's SNES when I was a kid. I also played The Lion King on my Game Gear.

The Game Gear is the only SEGA system I've ever owned. Looking back it was probably a poor choice but I used to love that thing. Who the hell owned a Game Gear instead of a Game Boy? I remember picking the Game Gear because it was in color and had much better graphics. The Game Boy color didn't come out until 7 years after and the Game Gear still looked better. It also had a backlit screen which was huge back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)