Phillips Tivo won't channel up or down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cartdan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Title pretty much says it all, it still records and plays but I rebooted it several times, put new batteries in both remotes and it still won't allow me to channel up or down. Not sure what to do other than order a new one - has anyone else heard of or had this problem?

Did it have a software upgrade? If so, you need to add channels again to "channels you recieve" and / or "favorite channels."

by rebooting did you use the reboot function or did ya power plug it? if just function.... do the power plug... sounds like it might fix it

I unplugged it manually to reboot it, I thought that would fix it but it didn't. I will check tonight to see if I had an update and need to add the channels back in and let you know tomorrow if that fixes it. Thanks to you both for the advice.

- Dan

try the front panel , and scroll down to a different channel, hit select. did it change?

bad remote

The front panel didn't change the channels either, but after adding all of my channels back in to channels I receive and my favorites it is working again. I never would have thought of that, thanks to everyone for your advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV to raise DVR Fees and other DirecTV News

pointing, 119 - spot beam, local ch question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts