Physical address change to get different local channels on Dish Network

He wants to have two Hopper receivers, one in his home and one in his camper. Until he can have 2 Hopper 3s, it's not going to work for him. It's not a matter of them talking to each other, it's simply having two of them... I think! :) He does use the term 'interact,' and they will not interact in two separate places., H2 or H3....

or, he's now set up with two Hoppers in his home and when he goes on the road, he brings one of them with him. A scenario that is quite common... So, he has interaction at home but not on the road.

Reactions: pattykay
If the two H3's were in two different places, how would they interact with each other?
When we're traveling in our RV and can't record a program on our mobile Hopper while under way, we use Dish Anywhere to have the other Hopper at our base Adirondack cottage record it. Then we can either view the recorded program on DA later on, or when we're back at the cottage with both Hoppers connected to a single dish Duo Node, watch it on either Hopper. No such option with a single H3...

When we're traveling in our RV and can't record a program on our mobile Hopper while under way, we use Dish Anywhere to have the other Hopper at our base Adirondack cottage record it. Then we can either view the recorded program on DA later on, or when we're back at the cottage with both Hoppers connected to a single dish Duo Node, watch it on either Hopper. No such option with a single H3...

I guess everyone has what is most important for them. If you must be able to watch something recorded on either Hopper in the cottage and must have a Hopper in the RV than you are right a Hopper 3 isn't for you. Also you would need more work done to even have two Hopper 3's at the cottage. Not sure but you would have to buy one of them too.

I guess everyone has what is most important for them. If you must be able to watch something recorded on either Hopper in the cottage and must have a Hopper in the RV than you are right a Hopper 3 isn't for you. Also you would need more work done to even have two Hopper 3's at the cottage. Not sure but you would have to buy one of them too.

We live in our motorhome and spend several weeks parked at the cottage each year while visiting family in the area, but rarely move inside. We own all our Dish equipment with no contract. My wife and are avid NHL and NASCAR fans, so viewing that programming plus other programs is quite important to us.

We live in our motorhome and spend several weeks parked at the cottage each year while visiting family in the area, but rarely move inside. We own all our Dish equipment with no contract. My wife and are avid NHL and NASCAR fans, so viewing that programming plus other programs is quite important to us.
I certainly see the convenience of that. I don't see the problem so much H3 can't see each other, it's getting two to work off the same system it would take an additional DISH I believe and from another post it sounds like technically a second account but not charged twice. Since you buy your equipment that isn't an issue that DISH only gives you one. You could use an EHD and transfer programs but overall the H2 sounds much better for you.

I certainly see the convenience of that. I don't see the problem so much H3 can't see each other, it's getting two to work off the same system it would take an additional DISH I believe and from another post it sounds like technically a second account but not charged twice. Since you buy your equipment that isn't an issue that DISH only gives you one. You could use an EHD and transfer programs but overall the H2 sounds much better for you.

I agree, our existing H2 arrangement does seem to be our best option for the time being.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts