Picture freeze when guide is on the screen

Lance M

Original poster
Mar 22, 2015
Salt Lake City, Utah
Does anyone have problems with their picture freezing especially when they have the guide on the screen? It will freeze for a second and sometimes pixelate then resume the show. My Dish was working great for over a year then this started happening.

I've had four technicians out, they changed the hopper multiple times, changed splitters, nodes, LNB, and all the external wiring. I still had the problem. I got so frustrated that I cancelled Dish and got DirecTV installed. I really wasn't happy with DirecTV for other reasons (didn't have this freezing problem at all) and so I called and got Dish installed again. I figured that a brand new installation with all new equipment would fix the problem. Well it didn't....I still have the same problem. Now it mostly happens on my Joeys and when I'm on an SD station with the guide on the screen.

Since my new install I haven't noticed it happening on the hopper, only the Joeys. One of the previous technicians ran a brand new cable from the node to the hopper. Before it was going from the node to my basement where there was a splitter that connected cabling to the hopper and 3 Joeys.

I'm thinking that the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the internal wiring. I'm wondering if it could be the cable from the node outside to the splitter in the basement. Since it's happening on multiple Joeys, I wouldn't think it would be any other internal wiring. The problem is that there's no good way to replace that line, it's run through my walls in my house to my furnace room in the center of the home.

I'm wondering if this is some sort of software issues with the hopper.

I'm at the end of my rope with this problem....anyone have any suggestions?

What kind of coax goes from node to hopper, and node to Joey?

I just checked and it says 3GHZ on the new coax from the node to the hopper. It says 3GHZ from the node to the splitter and the same on the cable from the splitter to 2 of the Joeys. The 3rd Joey has a white coax that doesn't have any writing on it. But I am having problems on all 3 Joeys.

Wired Joey Will Not Play Netflix

DVR Alert: "Bitten" on SyFy this Friday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)