Plasma TV problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnewellcpa

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I have a Samsung HP-P5071 plasma TV that I have had for about 3 months. Recently it has started to emit a loud buzzing noise after it heats up. I have tried turning the fan off and on but that has no effect on the noise. The noise is not the normal buzzing noise that is characteristic of plasma. This noise is very piercing and sounds like the noise a light bulb makes before it blows out. The noise is not coming form the speakers as I have them muted and run all sound through my Onkyo receiver. I noticed that when I went to move the TV to get behind it that the droning buzz stopped when I went to move the set. The TV is on the pedestal that came with the TV and has a slight froward tilt to it, when I push the TV to a more upright position the buzzing stops. Also the buzzing continues after the TV is turned off. Has anyone ever heard of this situation? I have a 3 year warranty on this unit from the retailer from were it was purchased and it is still under the Samsung 1 year warranty. Any clues as to how to stop this very loud annoying buzzing? Do I need to go back to the retailer warranty or Samsung to fix this?

I'd probably try Samsung directly if it were me. Ask them what might cause this, try to have it serviced, and if that doesn't work, ask for a replacement. That's just my take though - I have no real ideas; sorry I can't be more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCA ready to ship out cheap DTV's for little as $300 by fall 2005

THX blue filler glasses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)