Plasma TV, without coaxial input

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
i have an Akai 40 inch plasma screen, it's a great TV, but it does not have coaxial cable input. I have basic cable in Canada through Rogers and don't have a digital box, is there any way for me to hook up my coaxial cable to this tv without going to rogers and purchasing the cable box?

thanks

You need a box to de-modulate the signals your choices rent or buy!!

but is there anything that an electronics store would sell (without going through the cable company) to have the basic cable, because right now I have the cable hooked up to an older tv, and it's fine, i just don't want to rent or go back to them because they'll probably make me upgrade my cable subscription to get the box.

but is there anything that an electronics store would sell (without going through the cable company) to have the basic cable, because right now I have the cable hooked up to an older tv, and it's fine, i just don't want to rent or go back to them because they'll probably make me upgrade my cable subscription to get the box.

Old VCR should do. You will connect the coax cable to the VCR and pass it through composite from the VCR to the TV.

Do you care about HD, I don't know about your system but my local cable-co includes the local HD channels with the most basic package of cable, I can de-modulate them with my QAM tuner.

If he has only bsic cable then even a recent vintage VCR will do. But why buy a plasma and lookat SD?

Semantics.
For a TV to be called HD it has to have at least 720 lines of vertical resolution. Nothing else.
It is not insisting on any number of vertical lines (horizontal resolution)...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)