Play On and HBO Go

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
is there a way to keep logged into hbo go through play on? i have play on installed on a computer i don't use much and it is a PITA to have to go to it to log into hbo go every time i want to watch something on hbo go.

It is very much hit or miss, mostly miss! :(

I don't think there is a fix and I believe I read that it is an issue that MediaMall is very much aware of but don't know how to fix.

What am I missing here?Why would you need playon to watch hbogo via your pc?I did a free trial of playon and found it 1.wasn't very good video quality 2.Wasn't needed for what I wanted to watch.

using my ps3 to watch it. no app for that yet.

Does your pc have an hdmi output?Or do you have a laptop with hdmi out?You can get media center remotes fairly cheap and it would give you much better video quality.

My pc doesn't have one but my laptop does. I guess I could try that.

That's what I'd recommend.You could also get a cheap video card for your pc that has hdmi output.I have a asus 5450 and the video works well on my lr tv.

Open your default browser on the pc running Playon. Log into the site with HBOGO (or any other site you need to do this with)(make sure your pc can take cookies). Then just minimize the browser, but leave it running when you use Playon. You will then stay "live" and logged in.

I'm not sure this works with just any browser, but it does work with Internet Explorer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)