Playstation 2

jhogue@hrtc.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 14, 2004
Indiana
This is really nothong to do with voom. But some people here seem knowledgeable about HD tvs. I have a hitachi 51f510 HD projection tv and it says some video games can cause permanent damage to the tv. I was wondering what is the real chance of damage playing playstation 2 games on my tv.

Both of my sons play their games on my 57" Hitachi. Two years and no problems. Static images cause the problem. Don't pause the action and walk away.

The "burn-in" is caused by leaving the same image on the screen over long periods of time. This mostly effects plasmas & rear projection big screens.

Normal use and not leaving the game on for hours at a time should not give you any problems.

If the game you are playing has status bars that don't move or static images that never change then it can cause issues. Otherwise your set as long as you don't pause for long periods of time.

and to go with what every body else said, you also need to run the sound thru your Theater system with a optical cable, you will be happy you did..

I just picked up the X-box just for the heck of it, because I have not had a game system in a long time and low and behold them dam games are in 5.1 dolby digital pretty sweet..

Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)