Please help me obtain an 811

buckwild

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 24, 2004
I recently got a Toshiba 57H84 CRT RPTV and I would love to see some HD content. However, I have only been an E* subscriber for 4 months, and apparently I dont qualify for any Dish'n it up promo. I have called 3 different times and talked to 3 different departments, including my retailer, and the only option they give me is to buy the 811 right out for their ridiculous retail price. Also, I have checked on ebay, and the absolute cheapest I have found them is for around $200. If anyone has any ideas on how I may obtain an 811 for cheap, I would be greatful. Also, I dont know if this is taboo around here or not, I was wondering if someone who does qualify for a cheap 811 would like to sell it to me. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks.

The best deal anybody can get is either full MSRP, E-Bay, or lease. Those who get the lease through Dish'n It Up would certainly not be willing to "lend" it to a stranger.

Please tell me where in my post I mentioned anything about "lending"?!?!?!?

He probably said "lend" because under the Dish it up promo, you don't own the receivers, you lease them. If someone sold one of those to you, they'd be violating their lease and would probably get their account dinged for the MSRP of the 811 as soon as Dish figured that out. You would not be able to get Dish to activate it for you under your account unless they bought it.

Theoretically they could take their box over to your place, hook it up to your dish, and you'd be watching it under their subscription plan. In that sense they'd be "lending" it to you. This hypothetical case is also not legal, I wouldn't advise trying it, and I'm pretty sure it is "taboo" around here :)

I'm sure that's not what you thought would happen.

Ebay is probably your best bet if the previous post doesn't fit your fancy, but make sure you get the receiver and smartcard id's first, call Dish and make sure the box is clear before you buy.

thanks guys. i am unable to post in the classifieds forum. anyone know why?

Only the seller can post in the Classified Forum. If you want to deal with the seller, simply click on their name and send them an email.

921 Questions

Decent offer from Dish, how is the equipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)