Please, Stop Crying About The Price Increase!!!!

MattP-bgsu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
I am so sick and tired of hearing everyone cry and moan about voom raising their monthly bill $10. Ten whole dollars, roughly $0.33 per day!

Compare with my other option, Time Warner Cable

Basic Cable $43.50
Add HBO $10.50
Add Max $6.00
Add Sho $6.00
Add Starz $10.50
Add HD $8.95 (for 10 channels, mainly locals)

$85.45 for 71 cable channels plus 10hd plus premiums.

Sure, you can sign up for their everything pack for $95 and get digital cable, but you still have to add starz for $10.50. And for what, standard channels. No thank you. For the amount of hd voom offers, I think it's by far the best deal out their. Granted my OTA works fine. If it didn't I would probably have a different opinion.

MattP-bgsu said:
Ten whole dollars, roughly $0.33 per day!
That actually seems like a pretty substantial increase to me, making the complaints (or cries and moans as the cases may be ;) ) valid in my opinion. I doubt if it's enough to make me cancel (my other choice probably would be to just go back to only OTA), but everyone has different amounts of money and different TV budgets and different breaking points. And, apparently, different cry-and-moan tolerance levels. :D
I do agree, though, that it's still a darned good deal for all the HD compared to what other providers offer.

Your damn right it is too much to watch VOOM's quality shows tonight-picked the best of thier exclusives-DOC-Where the boys are--Armored Command these are such great shows that it makes me want to run out and buy the used dvd's specially when the box locks up

$10 more, $20 more,,,$50 more...I do have my limits.

I am no fan of cable, but for $128 and change (taxes included) the local Cable Co. can provide us with: all the digital cable garbage we don't watch, HBO, SHO, Starz, Cinemax, Broadband Internet, HD DVR, a HD Cablecard for our 2nd HDTV, PPV (to include ESPN GamePlan, NBA TV, NHL Center Ice, etc.), Region Sports Stations, 14 HD channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, HDNET, HDNET Movies, INHD, INHD2, HBO, SHO, Starz, Cinemax, ESPN)...16 HD channels with the addition of PBS and TNT by Christmas. Oh, and they are trying to bring Universal HD online in January.

I really like VOOM, but it would cost us another $58 to dump Cable and go with VOOM as our sole provider - it's just not worth the money for the 21 VOOM Exclusives. Unless they add SD and HD channels to complete the VOOM package and offer a competitively priced Whole Home HD DVR, then I will terminating my VOOM service in January.

Personally, I will have no use for Cable since football season will be over the hockey season (our National Sport!) will most likely be cancelled this year. :river It looks like I'll be OTA'ing until next football season.

Please, Stop Crying About People Who Are Crying About the Price Increase!

Gee, here it is 15 November and all I can run my yap about is the price increase and terminating service come January due to VOOM's non-competitive pricing policy and incomplete programming lineup. Arrgghh! :no

This fall, I was really looking forward to receiving my big-fat ugly dish, more SD channels to keep everyone happy, more HD channels (INHD, INHD2, Wealth-TV), PPV, HD DVR, gobs of new transponder bandwidth, slappin' in a new MPEG-4/WM9 module for Christmas...and seeing razor sharp SD channels in glorious MPEG-4/WM9 after the New Year with the eager anticipation of seeing razor sharp, full-bandwidth HD come summertime (less that Mosquito Noise of course!).

Ugh! :no

I just got D*, my new total bill, begining in 6 months for the same service Voom is offering me, will be $74. Compared to Voom which will cost me $95 staring Jan 1st.

Now that service does not include Cinema 10, but I think I can live with it.

I also have to buy the HD Receiver for $299. But 6 months of Free HD service = $66.
So the receiver is like $233. But HBO and Cinemax is free for 3 Months, and I have HBO on Voom, so that's another $36 in savings, not counting Cinemax, so the Receiver is costing like $200 upfront.

Sorry, Voom. I tried, I liked, but I need more channels.

I don't know how your TWC can be that much different than mine. I pay $2 less than i did w/ Voom(non va va) and get some crazy # like 175+ channels, all local/national HD channels plus INHD/HDNET and the digital movie pack(which is 100 times better than cinema10). Oh, did i mention an HD receiver that is a DVR as well, and a menu guide that works. $10/mo is a lot.

I still miss Worldsport though...(ok la liga...the rest was crap)

OMFG!!!

HDNET on D* has this in HD!!!

Mon., Nov. 22nd 4:30 AM ET Hardcore Midget Wrestling

Voom = owned!

MattP-bgsu said:
I am so sick and tired of hearing everyone cry and moan about voom raising their monthly bill $10. Ten whole dollars, roughly $0.33 per day!

Compare with my other option, Time Warner Cable

Basic Cable $43.50
Add HBO $10.50
Add Max $6.00
Add Sho $6.00
Add Starz $10.50
Add HD $8.95 (for 10 channels, mainly locals)
You are kidding, right?

VOOM:

Add HBO: $20.00/month
Add Max: $20.00/month
Add Sho: $20.00/month
Add Starz: $20.00/month
Add PBHD: $20.00/month
Ask Voom permission to take a crap: $20.00/month
Voom gets the bill right for a month: Priceless. :D

With the current state of their PQ and lack of programming, I don't think it's worth the current cost. I will probably dump them in January. It also doesn't help that I am currently unemployed, the monthly payment has to come from somewhere. :no

My VOOM bill is $64/month for BASIC and 2 stb's.

I sub to VOOM and Directv and these are my feelings. Voom should not rasie the price for grandfathered vOOMERS COME JAN 2005, without adding something...or some more ch's ...or a DVR....something. Voom has the exclusive ch's and they look great....but it really isnt worth the money. TWC in my area has added INHD 1 and 2, HDNET, HDNET Extra , and TNTHD...and CBSDT, NBCDT, FOXHD, PBSDT, ESPNHD and DiscHD. So for 60 bucks a mth , I would get that in the place of VOOMs basic pack for 60 bucks. So VOOM would give me their exclusives which I really dont watch anymore, ESPNHD, TNTHD, DISCHD. I dotn count Bravo...its not worth the bandwidth it takes up. Which way would you go? Voom's exclusives vrs HDNET, HDNETEXTRA, INHD 1 and 2. I know more is better , but for the same price cable is looking like a better deal right now. Of course Vomm could change that by adding INHD 1 and 2...but I really cant blame them...its not on any sat providers lineup. INHD has alot of stuff I would like to see....concerts and movies and my wife is asking me wy she cant watch Bon Jovi on Sunday night....WHY? Becasue Bon Jovi is live from AC only on INHD2.

vinnyv07 said:
Voom's exclusives vrs HDNET, HDNETEXTRA.
OK Vinny, you let the cat out of the bag, please tell this HDNET addict what HDNET EXTRA is? Did Cuban finally launch the new network?

DarrellP said:
OK Vinny, you let the cat out of the bag, please tell this HDNET addict what HDNET EXTRA is? Did Cuban finally launch the new network?

I think it is what his cable network is calling HDNet movies.

Everyone has to evaluate alternatives and make his own decisions. For me, even with the increase, VOOM is still the way to go:

I discard D* and E* automatically because of the limited HD offerings so it comes down to either staying with VOOM or switch to Comcast:

COMCAST
Digital Platinum: $94.99
HDTV package: $5
-----------------------
Total: $99.99

vs.

VOOM
VaVa-VOOM: $89.90
STB Rental: $9.50
-------------------
Total: $99.40

Bottom line: the same price. BUT:

Comcast pros:

inHD 1 & 2

Comcast cons:

No VOOM originals
No TNT-HD (for NBA)
No TMC HD
No Bravo HD (will become Universal HD)
No East feed of premium channels

My decision: stay with VOOM

HD EXTRA is HD Movies I believe....just another name for HDNet Movies. I was going to go over to TWC this weekend but Im not going to. Im holding out hope that VOOM will add either a DVR or something to satisfy me. I think the competition is going to be tuff once Directv gets the extra bandwidth from the football season ending. Now with TWC in my area adding INHD 1 and 2 ...Voom can not stand still. They have to come up with something.

Voom

I think Voom will come out with something soon they can't sit still and watch other Providers adding INHD 1 and 2 and HDNET, HDNET Movies so lets hope Voom comes up with something. :D

They are about to get in a legal battle about InHD 1 & 2,so not too hopeful for the future,HdNets,also not too hopeful because of the Dolan vs. Cuban feud,nothing else to add then right now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :D :( :) :D :shocked :rolleyes: :confused: :no :yes :mad: :p :smug :clap :dev :yikes

Voom Sink or Swim

VOOM playing the same movie on 2 channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts