Did they announce the New Year price increase yet?

DrWho

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
I don't know if I want to pay an additional $10, lack of channels, so do you know if the increase is for sure Jan 1 2005?

its already in effect i believe for customers that signed up after a certain date or customers that change their package. So yes its for sure its already in effect. As an already existing customer like me, who hasnt changed his subscription package you just havent incurred it yet. Others have. And come Jan 1 you will.

The current offer already reflects the price increase:

i.gif
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="540"> <tbody><tr><td class="seecontleft" valign="top" width="50%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td><input name="isVaVavoom" value="N" class="noborder" type="radio"></td> <td>
i.gif
</td> <td>
i.gif

hdr_voompackage_withprice.gif
</td> <td align="right" width="100%">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">Everything that makes VOOM great.</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>VOOM HD Originals</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>SportsPack</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>HD MarqueePack</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>Over 50 Cable Favorites</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>Digital Local Channels</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>Digital Music Channels</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Expand your lineup by adding PlusPacks ($19.90 each) when you order.

</td> <td class="seecontright" valign="top" width="50%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td><input name="isVaVavoom" value="Y" class="noborder" checked="checked" type="radio"></td> <td>
i.gif
</td> <td>
i.gif

hdr_vavavoom_withprice.gif
</td> <td align="right" width="100%">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">Everything in the VOOM Package and more.</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>HBO PlusPack</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>Cinemax PlusPack</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>SHOWTIME UNLIMITED PlusPack</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> • </td> <td>STARZ! PlusPack</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Get all the PlusPacks and save!
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

This is a 25% increase for people who just subscribe to the basic Voom package, and a 12.5% increase for VaVaVoomers. I have not seen anything about an increase in either the box rental or the mirroring fee.

I think D* and E* are right around that $90 mark for their top packages, which don't include their HD stuff. That is an additional 10-12 bucks a month.

So are you saying Voom has the best price i know the other providers are charging 10.99 for there HDTV channels.

SonicRob said:
So are you saying Voom has the best price i know the other providers are charging 10.99 for there HDTV channels.

No, I'm not saying that. But I will say that if you get VaVaVoom, you get more HD choices with Voom when compared to D* and E*. With D* and E*, you get more channels than you do with Voom, but less HD. The others have PPV and a DVR, and Voom doesn't. Everyone decides what service to use by finding the best fit for their needs/desires.

D* charges $10.99 for their HD package and E* charges $9.99.

Your damn right it is too much to watch VOOM's quality shows tonight-picked the best of thier exclusives-DOC-Where the boys are--Armored Command these are such great shows that it makes me want to run out and buy the used dvd's specially when the box locks up

Direct TV is looking mighty nice now.

Their Total Package with 2 Rooms HD is $55/Month. Add HBO $70/Month.

Which would be my setup and a savings of nearly $25/Month.

The HD Receiver would be needed $299 up front, and an HD Antennae $50.

Right now I can save $60 cause they are offering 6 Months of HD Service free.

Plus I would get many more channels that Voom can't get.

What am I waiting for? I'm calling today, f-it, calling right now.

Lookin' mighty nice, except the PQ of lots of SD channels doesn't look mighty nice. :shocked

I'll stick with Voom where lots of HD looks mighty nicer. ;)

The price is mighty nicer indeed.

Not worried about the HD Quality on D, they actually have more than 1 sattelite to handle things.

FWIW, I pay $64/month to Voom and rarely watch it, I pay $17/month for the Dish HD Pack and between it and OTA HD, that is most of my viewing. I think Voom will be history in my house come Jan 1.

Interestingly, I was cataloging my DVD collection yesterday and I have recorded more from DishHD than I have from Voom. 100% of the Voom recordings are from MonstersHD (with the exception of a few Rave concerts).

With the mosquito noise still as prevelant as ever, I rarely watch Voom. I cannot watch the following channels:

UltraHD
GalleryHD
EquatorHD
AuctionHD

The above channels have mosquito noise big time and Voom has no excuse for this. Monsters, Rave, Rush, MOOV, HDN, Animania and the Cinema10 look OK, why don't these other channels?

1080iBeVuMin said:
Lookin' mighty nice, except the PQ of lots of SD channels doesn't look mighty nice. :shocked

I'll stick with Voom where lots of HD looks mighty nicer. ;)

You can bet any amount of money that the PQ will vastly improve at the end of the football season.

The new price for 2005 will be

29.99 for AT60, 39.99 For AT120 and so on.... :D :D

Voom

What are the current Subscribers paying for Voom now i heard they are paying 39.99 that incudes the 21 originals HD channels. I forgot about the rental of the Voom receiver $9.95 :D

DrWho said:
The price is mighty nicer indeed.

Not worried about the HD Quality on D, they actually have more than 1 sattelite to handle things.
Oh, Is that why theyve downrezzed some HD channels and reduced bandwidth? LOL

January should be an interesting month for Zoom with the price increase and if they don't have a dvr or other promises i think that may hurt Zoom and keeping everything going and losing customers and that may not have E* buy them as rumored and D* will noy probably buy them.

In the Boston area, to get a decent selection of premium channels from cable (Comcast) you would need to pay $98.95 for Digital Platinum and $7.25 for HDTV. That's $106.20 per month for tons of channels that I don't give a flying sh** about and 12-14 HD channels. Oh, and DVR is $15.45 extra to a grand total of $121.65. :no :shocked :no

I don't get what the fuss is about. If you like Voom and you like the price, join or stay with Voom. If you like something else better for the price, go with that.

Some posts sound like they need others to agree with them before they can make peace with their own decision. What's up with that?

vurbano said:
Oh, Is that why theyve downrezzed some HD channels and reduced bandwidth? LOL
You ain't sh*ttin, Vurbano. Since I'm jobless, I decided to watch a movie on Cinema10 today (The Good, The Bad & The Ugly). My God, what a piece of crap! Where did they get the transfer for this film? It looked no better than a DVD, in fact, I've seen DVD's that had higher resolution than this. :no It started out in like 2.35:1 AR then switched to 16:9, so much for showing OAR movies.

So I decided to check out the rest of the Cinema10 and they were not a whole lot better. What's going on with Voom right now? Every single channel was super soft. Oh, I know why! I switched from watching Dish, where HDNET & HDNET Movies is super sharp. I switched back and forth a couple of times and what a disappointment with Voom. Sorry guys, but Voom just isn't cuttin the mustard lately, more like the cheese. :p

Same goes for DiscoveryHD, Dish is beating the pants off the Voom picture.

I may have to take everyone's advice and get a 27" LCD panel and sit 10' away, then I'll get a great picture. ;)

DrWho said:
Direct TV is looking mighty nice now.

Their Total Package with 2 Rooms HD is $55/Month. Add HBO $70/Month.

Which would be my setup and a savings of nearly $25/Month.

The HD Receiver would be needed $299 up front, and an HD Antennae $50.

Right now I can save $60 cause they are offering 6 Months of HD Service free.

Plus I would get many more channels that Voom can't get.

What am I waiting for? I'm calling today, f-it, calling right now.
Guess you don't like Hi-Def. VOOM has the most. One channel I do miss on D is Trio it is SD but a good one and techtv. You will tire from HDnet/Movies. Inhd1 & 2 rock! they are much better, but you can't get them on D*.

VOOM has the best bang for the buck for HD services and a semi-well rounded SD lineup. Look at it this way for $50 bucks, you get EPSN-HD, TNT-HD, Monsters, Cinema 1- 10 + more... Only 29.00 more than D* and you get so much more on the HD package. You are making a mistake I been there done that, but never dropped VOOM, never will either.

"Guess you don't like Hi-Def. VOOM has the most. One channel I do miss on D is Trio it is SD but a good one and techtv. You will tire from HDnet/Movies. Inhd1 & 2 rock! they are much better, but you can't get them on D*."

Considering that I don't watch much on the Cinema 10 Channels, I really won't miss that much.

I will miss monsters and the occasional scene here and there and I will miss Rave. Though HDnet has a pretty decent lineup of Music as well so it's kind of a trade off.

I still get DiscoveryHD, which I didn't watch that much, and all my Locals will be in HD and ESPN-HD. I tend to watch more sports anyway, since that is typically the highest concentration of HD Content anyway. And I will get HBO and nearly half the Price $12.00/Month compared to Vooms $19/Month.

So yes, Voom has more HD channels, but I never really got into The 3 Stooges Go To Space in full glorious HD.

"Inhd1 & 2 rock!"
I would like that Channel, but you can't get that on Voom either.
And if any Sattelite is going to get that it would be D* well before Voom. But InHD will be forever on Cable Only it would seem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)