Plucky picker procures post for parabolic plate etc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
Picked up a sturdy 2 1/2 inch post with large chunk of concrete attached( from my neighbor), and mounted my 76 cm dish on it last week. Getting better ;)results with this traditional support as I "plumbed" it. My old mount was a curved Dish-type support which I think was not properly aligned. Also, bought a OTA converter box (Tivax) and a DirectV hr 10-250 for $4 total at a church rummage sale. Connected to 101 W DSS and got an extensive program guide, but no channels as the subscription was closed in 2008. But there are a few movies and WVU football games saved on the DVR. I believe the HD is 250 gigs, but not sure if it is installable in a PC -- some of them are password protected from the factory. Will post a few pictures of my dishes, I have 1 C and 9 Ku lnbfs functioning now on 4 plates. Cheers!

Perfect pickin! A nice roundup of 'stuff' there. And yes, nothing like a good solid pole for the motorized (or stationary) dish.

I think there's plenty of pickers among us...nice finds.

I always love to browse the old consumer electronics at yard sales and such places myself. I wondered if any of those old DVRs can do any OTA stuff without a sub or sat connection.

Nice Find, fafhrd2, I look for this stuff at Goodwill but no luck yet. I recently scrounged an old directv dvr box at the dump. I took it home for the hard drive but I decided to plug it in, it is loaded with tv shows and movies. It had been through a rain storm but still works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)