Plug & Play Options?

AntoniusB

Original poster
Oct 22, 2022
Shelbyville, KY
Good Afternoon,

I have recently ditched Direct TV and am switching to OTA for the main networks. After watching a few antenna guy and Robbie Strike videos on youtube, the option of a KU band set-up sounds interesting. I currently have 3 dish mounts attached to my house facing South (former Direct TV, Hughesnet) and would like to know if there is a simple "mount and press go" package that is ready to go out of box for KU band for a few hundred bucks? I would like to use the current mounts if possible since coax is already run to them and is already connected throughout the house.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Reactions: c-spand and FTA4PA
:welcome to Satelliteguys!!!!

There is no Plug and Play with FTA in North America. It is a hobby here. The channels that are there are spread out. Mostly on Ku you will get wild feeds. 125W has some PBS channels and there are a few other scattered things. It will not be a replacement for paid TV.
Having said that, it is a great fun hobby, but you have to want it as a hobby. :)
If you still want to proceed, we can guide to some equipment choices to get you going.