Polk Audio RT12's at a great price!!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I was looking in my local Tweeters and they had the Polk Audio RT12's at a reduced price of $896 (From the listed price $1399)! After listening to them I started pacing and my wife asked if that was a good deal. I told her that yes and I was calculating if I could pay them off in two months.

After the sales person said that they were the only pair left (moving out last years models for next years) and that they had been on the floor for less then 4 months (they rotate stock every 4 to 6 months) my wife asked for an addition $200 off! My wife is tough on salespeople!! He said no and we left.

As I was driving down the street she asked if I really wanted those speakers and why they were better then what I had at home. I have had those speakers 18 years (a Yamaha 5.1 set) and told here there was no comparison. She stated that she trusted me on my decision. It probably helped that when I purchased the new Onkyo TX-SR805 AVR that I paid it off in 3 months like I said I would.

We went to the Toys-R-Us to do a little Xmas shopping for the grandson and when we left I asked if we could go to the Tweeter's there and see if they had them new in a box. She said YES!!

They didn't have them in a box and she asked if they could knock anything off because they were floor models. The salesman immeadiately knocked $100 off the price!! $796 for a pair of RT12's--Done deal!! These things are nice, the cherry wood cabinets are sweet looking and they are bi-amp speakers and my new Onkyo TX-SR805 does bi-amping!! After setup and changing all my crossover setttings to 80hz and knocking down my center channel volume do20%, these speakers made me giggle with delite! Even my wife noticed the differance. When they are paid off I am going to get a new center speaker. I already have the Polk Audio Dipolde speakers so my new set will be balanced and rocking!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)