Poll - IFC, WE, FUSE, and SUNDANCE - will any be in HD?

Will IFC, WE, SUNDANCE, or FUSE be in HD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see any other channels coming back in HD ,since DISH settled with Cablevision. Would be totally ironic if any of them came back with in HD , after DISH said that none of their channels justified the increase that they were asking for. Because no one watches them . We are supposed to get FUSE back too . If any channel comes back in HD it would most likely be FUSE,since it is sports related channel.
That's FUEL.... Fuse is a music channel. And way better than any of the other so-called "music channels" :D

Nobody can answer this poll question, as nobody knows until the uplinks start appearing, or an announcement is made.

Now, do we think any will be?
That was the point of the poll. Stop being so literal. :)

If I remember Fuse was before it went away. Of course that was 2 years ago. The rest weren't. I would guess to see Fuse and possibly Sundance in HD. And yes, I'm referring to Fuse the music channel. Not Fuse the sports channel that never existed.

I don't see any other channels coming back in HD ,since DISH settled with Cablevision. Would be totally ironic if any of them came back with in HD , after DISH said that none of their channels justified the increase that they were asking for. Because no one watches them . We are supposed to get FUSE back too . If any channel comes back in HD it would most likely be FUSE,since it is sports related channel.

Speaking of irony, it would be ironic if we got FUSE and not MSG. When DISH dropped MSG, they said it was because they were being forced to also take FUSE which they claimed no one watched. Normally, I'd rant that we better get MSG in this deal, but since there's no hockey right now, I'll save my rant. ;)

chuckster_dude said:
Speaking of irony, it would be ironic if we got FUSE and not MSG. When DISH dropped MSG, they said it was because they were being forced to also take FUSE which they claimed no one watched. Normally, I'd rant that we better get MSG in this deal, but since there's no hockey right now, I'll save my rant. ;)

It'll be interesting to see if this opens the door for MSG to return in the future. I'd be more likely to watch these channels if they were in HD. In SD, they barely register on my radar.

inazsully said:
What percentage of the programming for these channels is actually shot in HD?

Well Sundance and IFC are mainly movie channels so probably about as much as any other movie channel. I couldn't tell you much about WE or Fuse because I didn't watch either of them.

I couldn't tell you much about WE or Fuse because I didn't watch either of them.
WE is mostly long blocks of advertisements with bits and pieces of movies interspersed between them. The movies themselves would probably be HD.

I answered Yes to some, only because of the delay in getting them launched. Maybe some channel shuffling to make room for them this Wednesday, and activating them next Wednesday.....

I say NO ... why should they? Then DISH won't have anything to hold over us come February when the rates increase. We should not have to pay for two streams (SD and HD). Wait and see.

I answered Yes to some, only because of the delay in getting them launched. Maybe some channel shuffling to make room for them this Wednesday, and activating them next Wednesday.....

That is what I was thinking. Why else add AMC immediately but wait for the others? AMC had a spot, plus encoders ready to go. But likely Dish would need to shuffle channels and set up some HD encoders for IFC, Fuse, and maybe We HD. I think if they were back in SD, Dish could just put them back right where they were.

Another thought: With Dish's current bandwidth situation (or lack thereof on the WA), AMC might want to make sure they reserve and HD spot. I have little doubt being in HD helps the ratings these days. Might they want to make sure a deal with Disney or for some full time RSNs don't kill remaining space until Dish can pull off the MPEG-4 migration?

Another thought: With Dish's current bandwidth situation (or lack thereof on the WA), AMC might want to make sure they reserve and HD spot. I have little doubt being in HD helps the ratings these days.

Good point, and there are plenty of people who have expressed they really only watch HD channels now. I realize it may not help if the content just isn't there. But prior to Tru TV being in HD I never watched it. I do watch it now.
It also wouldn't hurt being able to add these channels to the list of HD they have when comparing themselves. Only drawback is the bandwidth.

I watch for content. If the content I want isn't available in HD, it won't stop me from watching it, but having it in HD is a bonus. Lipstick on a pig isn't for me. ;) For instance, if FUSE is offered now in HD, will it increase my chances of watching it? No.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that the carriage agreement was very advantageous for AMC, as the monetary portion of the settlement seemed to favor Dish.

As such, I think that everything will be designed to increase viewership. This means HD carriage, as well as placement in the lower tier packages. I expect most, if not all, of the AMC channels to be in HD on Dish.

I watch for content. If the content I want isn't available in HD, it won't stop me from watching it, but having it in HD is a bonus. Lipstick on a pig isn't for me. ;) For instance, if FUSE is offered now in HD, will it increase my chances of watching it? No.

I like lipstick on my pigs.... but anyway...... an example for me, I don't watch the Encore Movie Theme channels virtually at all anymore, but if they were in HD I would. There are other examples, even a channel like WE can very occasionally have a program on I would watch, but not in SD.

I agree, when the other channels come back in November and if they are in HD will give them a shot

FCC issues Cuba Spot Beam License

Hopper + Sling = NO PTAT Recordings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)