Portable Power Supply for Setting Up Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Got one of these Black and Decker portable power supplies - plug it in to charge, then you can use it for a 120V supply when adjusting or setting up a dish if you have no outlet available. Will last at least a few hours if there is no H-H motor to contend with. The H-H motor causes more juice to be used and cuts down on the use timea bit.

I find it very handy, no need to run long extension cords in the back yard. Can also be used to pump tires. Nice little useful gadget.

Attachments

• 100_4237.JPG
    100_4237.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 227
That's pretty cool. One day I envision a cart with TV, receiver and power supply like that to tow behind my mower to service each of my dishes when its tuneup time since they are spread out around the property.

Reactions: KE4EST
I think you've got a great idea there fred555. Also add a cooler to the cart for food and refreshments. It can get pretty hot especially if the sun is beating down hi hi.

That's pretty cool. One day I envision a cart with TV, receiver and power supply like that to tow behind my mower to service each of my dishes when its tuneup time since they are spread out around the property.

Along those lines, I've seen golf bag carriers converted into tool carriers. A golf bag carrier could work as a dish tuner platform. The cart could be set up to hold batteries, a small dc/ac inverter, monitor, receiver, positioner, and a hammer.

88141F.jpg

These carriers turn up at the thrift shops regularly. <or is it> 'These carriers regularly turn up at the thrift shops.'??

They have a gell cell inside. Just like a car battery, after so many years and charges they give up the ghost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts