POST RANDOM REBOOTS HERE

I wonder if this is what I've been seeing. I have a 722 with the OTA tuner. One day after watching the local news with the OTA tuner I found the unit was stuck there. None of the buttons on the remote seemed to have an effect other then pause and play. I power cycled but that didn't fix it. Hitting the reset button woke it back up. It happened again a week or so later in much the same way, only this time even the pause and play buttons didn't work. It took a couple of resets to wake it back up. Since then I've had a few other odd hiccups like it recorded shows I don't ever watch in place of those I had scheduled, and recordings crapped out in the middle, though the DVR showed them to be 1 hour long. For the past couple of weeks it seems to be behaving again. I was afraid the receiver might be about to die, but now I'm hoping it's just some software glitch that a new update will fix.

11:30am pst

I was on the phone talking to local Dish retailer, paused program, 10 to 15 minutes later 722 would not resume playing, so I did power button reboot.
Dan

Finally got tired of the re boots, called dish and ordered a new 622 replacement today.

Not sure if my problem is related but twice a week or so when changing channels up will pop the error screen telling me I have a "Complete loss of signal" and to un plug and reboot. This always works but it happens 2 or 3 times a week. If I try to watch a recorded program from my 722 sometimes I can and sometimes the same error warning pops up. After rebooting the same recorded program can be watched just fine. This has been happening for the last 3 years but not until recently has it been happening this frequently.

I don't think it's related to the random reboot issue. I think there may be a connection issue on your system. Perhaps a connector corroded or trees may have started to grow into your line of sight to the satellite causing constant intermittent outages.

I sometimes get those errors you describe when switching from the OTA to a satellite tuner while the unit is recording on one or the other. It essentially gets "stuck". And I used to get the loss of signal screen when I had the OTA tuner on a local channel with "flaky" reception, but that bug was squashed a while ago.

BTW whenever my receiver gets "confused" and gives me the loss of signal error, I press the "Guide" button. Then I select a channel from a different satellite or OTA tuner to "break out" of the error rather than reboot my receiver.

L724
3/15
11:00 am cst

Every time I try to view a digital OTA channel (e.g. 12-1, 12-2, 5-1, 5-2, etc.) the receiver resets itself. Also when I try to scan for digital channels it does the same thing. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just my receiver?

Tomorrow my 622s are gone! will have two Hoppers instead. Yesterday my 622 locked up, then rebooted in the final minute of play in the NCAA game. :rant:

Thanks for the response. I've had this 722 for 3 years and it's doing some really strange things other than giving me the error I mentioned. On certain channels, like 105 for instance the sound will get weird and the voices will disappear. It also will disappear when playing back something recorded including from my EHD. I'm in the desert so trees are not a problem. I checked for loose connections and all is good. If I do a cold reboot everything comes back fine, for awhile. Then it happens again. I'm certainly no expert but I've installed a dozen or so 722's and I've never experienced a problem like this. It's in a cold reboot right now as the sound just went goofy and the voices disappeared. I've also tried changing out HDMI cables.

Random Reboot (thank goodness it was during halftime!)
3/18/12 4:10 PM EDT
622 receiver
OTA 12.1 (12.1 digital TV) - This is the tuner that was being viewed
Tuner 1 - TNT-HD-138
Tuner 2 - Starz Edge HD-352
Eastern Arc.
Software L710
NEW DEVELOPMENT- System Status chack (Menu-6-1-3-Details) now shows LNB Drift Detected 0x00, 0xa2, 77(o+14)

Brand new 722k, that was activated on 4/22/12, has had three random reboots already. The first one was on 4/22 about three hours after activation. The second incident was on 4/23 at 6:15 AM. The unit froze and then rebooted. The third reboot was also on 4/23. The unit froze at 9:23 PM and then rebooted.

Is this still an ongoing issue? I don't see many new posts on it. My 722 has been doing this for a few months now. We seldom watch live so it is happening while viewing a recorded program. Once it happens, the only recourse is to delete the program. You can no watch past the point where it reboots. If you try it will just reboot again. Just last night we had this happen.

I've also had occasions where the receiver will be locked on one of our local OTA channels (I have the tuner module installed). It is always the same channel - a local channel 12. None of the remote buttons function when the receiver is stuck in this mode. The only fix is to press the reset button on the front panel and wait for it to reboot. This has become way too annoying.

2-Vip211s....

both connected to external hard drives; both fed to tv via separate Monoprice HDX 420x; both connected to OTA antenna; both L565 software.

One unit randomly loses signal, locks up...remote doesn't work, button reset doesn't work, unplug-replug receiver to reboot. With signal loss the screen goes green....I don't believe the software has changed recently. If it continues to happen I'll take better notes.

My old 622 still reboots at least once a day while watching live TV, usually OTA broadcasts.

Another reboot this morning. Screen turned black and then began rebooting after 20 seconds.

VIP 722K with MT2 module
Software L750
Reboot occurred at 6:37 AM EDT
Tuner 1 11-1 OTA
Tuner 2 205 Fox News

My 722 now reboots consistently when I try to switch to an OTA channel. Twice yesterday (while two recordings were in process), and once this morning as a test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)