Posters

Ran into these posters at Deep Discount...

These are either reproductions, or mass market items. You can get authentic stuff for about the same price from some reputable dealers. Here is a site for Bruce Herschenson. He does twice weekly auctions of authentic vintage stuff.

eMoviePoster.com - Vintage Movie Posters

Bruce's stuff is accurately represented and tends to be fairly priced. I have bought a lot from him. My feeling is why have the same Star Wars poster that everybody else has, when you can have something that actually hung in a theater, is uncommon and reflects your individual taste.

Disclaimer. I do own a Star wars poster, but it is authentic and style D, not the one everybody else has. Style D is the one that looks like it is peeling off the wall with a '30s feel. Here is a link to an image:

eMoviePoster.com - Image Archive - STAR WARS (style D 1sheet)

Another hobby of mine, although not so much lately.

The stuff for auction this week is the penney stocks of the poster industry. 8x10 black and white stills and odd sized posters and pressbooks.

Wait a week, as he is promising good Halloween themed stuff next week. Be aware that you are not going to buy a 1 sheet of the 32 Frankenstein for $10. Last time I saw it go up, that one went for six figures :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts