Power cords

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 26, 2007
Ok just wondering why are some of the directv power cords 10 amp 125 volts 2.5 amp 125 volts 7 amp 125 volts. Direct tv claims it don't matter which power cords goes on which receiver I have 2 h 23 1 h 24 and one hr21 pro. Moving stuff around they kinda got mixed up. I just don't want to burn down my house. Any help would be appreciated if it matters which cords go on which receiver.

None of the receivers use more than a single amp. Any power cord is fine on any receiver.

Except the recvrs vary on the Power cords needed, some can get by with Universal, others have to have the correct one as they are shaped different.

Hey Jimbo so as long as they fit they will work all the cords I have come with directv receivers they are just different amps but I was told that all directv receivers even dvr pulls no more than an amp so I was told it don't matter if one cord is 10 amp one is 2.5 amp or 1 is 7 amp there all 125 volts

Its 55 watts on an HR24, so that should be like 1/2 and AMP. Any power cord should work.

Now my stupid Ex Girlfriend got (Stole) my 50 inch plasma TV, and didn't have the power cord so went to the computer store and got the cheapest universal power cord she could find.

I think it was 18 gauge wire, and the power cord was so hot the plastic insulation was almost melting off the cable.

I unplugged it and when the power cable cooled down, it was all crispy when I tried to bend it.

I didn't try to get my TV back from her, since she purposely used to leave it on for weeks at a time after I told her to turn it off several times when she was not watching it and the "Dish" logo was burned into the screen in several places.

So if a hr24 only runs 1/2 amp then if u got a am21 running with a hr21pro hddvr or am21 running with a h24 or h23 hd receiver running together u still should be fine I guess is that correct?

So if a hr24 only runs 1/2 amp then if u got a am21 running with a hr21pro hddvr or am21 running with a h24 or h23 hd receiver running together u still should be fine I guess is that correct?

You'll be perfectly fine. None of this stuff will stress the power cords you mentioned. If you are still worried, then I'd put the highest rated cord on the DVR. The AM21 won't make a large difference.

You'll be perfectly fine. None of this stuff will stress the power cords you mentioned. If you are still worried, then I'd put the highest rated cord on the DVR. The AM21 won't make a large difference.

Usually the AM 21 gets plugged in and the recvr plugs into the AM21.
IIRC, the AM21 power cord is not much either, so I would say that the power cord is not an issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)