Power Inserter Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

platoro

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Platoro, CO
I 'm a beginner and need some help. I am hooking up a SWM SL3S4R2-01 antenna to a Directv HR22-100 receiver box. I was told I needed a 21 volt power inserter. I bought a P121R1-03 power inserter. The two coax connections are labeled "signal to IRD" and "Power to SWM". Which connection goes to the antenna and which to the receiver? I am thinking the lead from the antenna should go to the "Power to SWM" but I don't want to take a chance and mess up something by making the wrong connection. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Can the inverter be outside? I can't see where it's super weatherproof. Plus, it needs 110v power.Where is the best place for it?
Diagram available?

signal to IRD goes to the receiver
Power to SWM goes to the LNB 9or splitter if needed)

So,my place has an older direct tv dish, which I'm replacing with a slimline to run my H25-500. There are two lines of coax coming through the floor, I think for the old dish.
One of these I'll be using for the PI to the dish. I also have an 8-waysplitter. Where should I put it? I'd like to be able to use the receiver in the bedroom. It has one coax coming up through the floor.

It's inside only. Put it close to the receiver.

Hello scherer,

Your slimline dish will have only one output into your house.
images
The
images
Power Inserter (PI) will connect to the dish to provide power (Power to SWM). The other output from the Power Inserter will go to your H25-500 HD receiver (Signal to IRD). There are 3 commonly used splitters. A 2 way, a 4 way and an 8 way splitter. The splitter should be a green labeled one for use with Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) systems. If you want to use a splitter use the one with the least amount of outputs for your needs.
SWM%20Splitter%202%20way[17].jpg
You will notice that one of the outputs has a red dot and or DC Power Pass but usually both. This is where the connection for the PI to SWM is made. The other one could be used for the connection to your H25-500 receiver. If you do this then put a 75 ohm terminator on the out to IRD side of the PI. See the non-red dot output side of the 2 way splitter for the 75 ohm terminator. In most cases it is best to terminate unused connections.

...and if you only have one receiver you don't need a splitter at all. Just connect one cable from the "to IRD" port of the power inserter to your receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts