PPV troubles

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I wanted to see the movie Eight Below on PPV last night.
when I went through the hoops with the remote to order it I got a error code of 006 and the instruction to call Dish.
I called dish and the person I got seemed to be from India of some place like that.
We went round and round and she FINALY said that since Dish had charged me for NHLCenter Ice I had more than $100.00 on my PPV account. Center Ice is $149.00 which I will pay in three installments starting in Oct. I tried to point out to her that since I wount be paying this ammount untill later it should not count in any $100.00 limit, which I had never heard of. Also she did not pay attention to the error code. If she had she would have known what the problem was right away.Why else have error codes. In my job as a sys programmer we have a book to look up error codes in. CSRs work in strange ways.
I demaned to speak to a supervisor which I finialy did and I did get to see the movie. My main point is I spent about a half an:mad: hour fighting with the CSR folks that I should not have to have done.
I am thinking of trying to bring this up at the next Charlie chat.

Last edited:
wolfjc said:
I wanted to see the movie Eight Below on PPV last night.
when I went through the hoops with the remote to order it I got a error code of 006 and the instruction to call Dish.
I called dish and the person I got seemed to be from India of some place like that.
We went round and round and she FINALY said that since Dish had charged me for NHLCenter Ice I had more than $100.00 on my PPV account. Center Ice is $149.00 which I will pay in three installments starting in Oct. I tried to point out to her that since I wount be paying this ammount untill later it should not count in any $100.00 limit, which I had never heard of. Also she did not pay attention to the error code. If she had she would have known what the problem was right away.Why else have error codes. In my job as a sys programmer we have a book to look up error codes in. CSRs work in strange ways.
I demaned to speak to a supervisor which I finialy did and I did get to see the movie. My main point is I spent about a half an:mad: hour fighting with the CSR folks that I should not have to have done.
I am think of trying to bring this up at the next Charlie chat.

I had same thing happen last fall. Dish billed me $99 dollars for ESPN Full Court. When I tried to order a PPV I couldn't. Apparently Dish has not corrected anything. I went online and paid the FullCourt bill, then I was ok. I agree it should not be that way.

Questions, Coming from D* - Lake Anna VA.

942 Number 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts