PQ has improved it seems or did it?

i saw occasional pixelation when the camera whirled past ON A CLOSE UP. But overall excellent. crisp and vivid 95% OF THE MOVIE MAYBE MORE!!!!!!!

Ive seen pixelation on HDnet on d* under fast movement it is inherent to 1080i. Ive seen pixelation OTA on CBS NFL at fullbandwidth too.

vurbano said:
i saw occasional pixelation when the camera whirled past ON A CLOSE UP. But overall excellent. crisp and vivid 95% OF THE MOVIE MAYBE MORE!!!!!!!

Ive seen pixelation on HDnet on d* under fast movement it is inherent to 1080i. Ive seen pixelation OTA on CBS NFL at fullbandwidth too.
I agree, nice picture-pixelation does occur on rare occasion, imo, on D*-more prevalent on Voom though-hopefully that will change soon.-east feeds on premies far exceed those on west-a common compliant on this forum.-if we could just get east looking like west-i would be happy, even with some pixelation.

you mean get the west looking as good as the east. Ive made a point of watching drumline on the hbowest channel. it looked pretty darn good to me. again discovery is hard to judge. A lot depends on the outdoor lighting, the cameras, for that channel you have to compare side by side to D*
no one has mentioned it but i think the sd is a lot better right now. I am watching american chopper and there is less blurr than i remember on d*. My son was watching nick the other day when i came home stretched to full screen like most kids doo and it looked like fox widescreen upconverted to 720p very nice, "smooth".

vurbano said:
you mean get the west looking as good as the east. Ive made a point of watching drumline on the hbowest channel. it looked pretty darn good to me. again discovery is hard to judge. A lot depends on the outdoor lighting, the cameras, for that channel you have to compare side by side to D*
no one has mentioned it but i think the sd is a lot better right now. I am watching american chopper and there is less blurr than i remember on d*. My son was watching nick the other day when i came home stretched to full screen like most kids doo and it looked like fox widescreen upconverted to 720p very nice, "smooth".
My bad-yes the west like the east!

attention: all males need to turn to 128 right now! nude beaches in australia. Now this is the way I like to get my culture.

vurbano said:
drumline looks great on HBOwest
O.K. here's a switch-watching "8 legged freaks" on hbo east and compared to D* and the D* feed was stuttering while the Voom feed looked great-I would have to rank HBo hdeast the best looking premium channel-coming close to being a "show channel" for friends and family who visit-Maxhdeast looks pretty nice too-crispness is there on these 2 channels I believe.

I just watched it on E* and I was extremely impressed... it was a much better quality than HBOHDs usual movies.

Just as a frame of reference I had exactly one 1 second pause during the movie.

snathanb said:
I just watched it on E* and I was extremely impressed... it was a much better quality than HBOHDs usual movies.

Just as a frame of reference I had exactly one 1 second pause during the movie.
ya know that "cigarette" will will be even better if you turn to the MOOV channel.

I was watching the Ponstar Ron Jermey moive and quality was great. Right after that was Lord of the G-strings and it had artifacts left and right.

I wonder why it was on the same channel right after a movie that 'worked'.

red ufo said:
I was watching the Ponstar Ron Jermey moive and quality was great. Right after that was Lord of the G-strings and it had artifacts left and right.

PLayboy-HD seems to have this issue. I think it lies in the source. I have seen the nooner replay and spice hd clips looked great but others do not.

red ufo said:

I think that's more of that particular networks problem than it is a VOOM problem. It just doesn't make sense that one movie would be near flawless, then the next is totally pixelated. Like Sean said PBHD has a ton of this going on. Some movies look HBOHD good, then some programs will be filled with pixelation during fast motions. It must be the way that particlar network either transfered, or recorded the particular program. Again I don't think this is a VOOM compression issue.

Jay,

I agree I don't think its a bandwidth issue either. Seems sort of like software problems streaming the source material.

Either way I'm very happy with voom. 1 month ago I had no HD channel or choices that looked wurth the investment. Now I have about 30 and I'm actually watching TV again and getting off the computer and becoming a couch tater again:)

Go Voom.

Well to me Voom looks much better than it did last weekend. I don't see any motion artifacts this weekend although I still think the picture looks soft. Especially on Discovery HD. Oh the good old days last month when I first had it installed. Fantastic picture back then. Seems the pic started going down hill the same time PlayboyHD was added.

Bob

Sean Mota said:
PLayboy-HD seems to have this issue. I think it lies in the source. I have seen the nooner replay and spice hd clips looked great but others do not.

Yea, I think you are right. It seems to me that "Playboy Material" always has this problem, but "Spice Material" doesn't have the problem.

eschu97611 said:
O.K. here's a switch-watching "8 legged freaks" on hbo east and compared to D* and the D* feed was stuttering while the Voom feed looked great-I would have to rank HBo hdeast the best looking premium channel-coming close to being a "show channel" for friends and family who visit-Maxhdeast looks pretty nice too-crispness is there on these 2 channels I believe.
Im marking the date of this post on my calender.... lmao A D* flaw? no its not possible? lol

A question about PQ now vs. the "old good" days was asked on the Yahoo groups and this was Wilt response:

"We've got a few more things we're checking on; there are some significant differences in the upgraded encoders, apparently.
What was found last week was something that was missed and hadn't been updated-so far more than simply "turning up the sharpness--and it had a large effect.
The next changes are more subtle but should get us to where we were and perhaps beyond.
Going slow though so as not to misfire again.
Wilt"

It sounds like the best is still to come...

Walter L. said:
A question about PQ now vs. the "old good" days was asked on the Yahoo groups and this was Wilt response:

"We've got a few more things we're checking on; there are some significant differences in the upgraded encoders, apparently.
What was found last week was something that was missed and hadn't been updated-so far more than simply "turning up the sharpness--and it had a large effect.
The next changes are more subtle but should get us to where we were and perhaps beyond.
Going slow though so as not to misfire again.
Wilt"

It sounds like the best is still to come...

Just to be accurate, a question wasn't asked, an opinion of current PQ was stated and Wilt responded to it. I should know, I was the original poster. :)

If anybody is interested, here is my post that Wilt responded to:
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/message/8770

Hammer

There are 3 important points that I got from Wilt post:

1) VOOM recognizes that PQ today is not to the level that it used to be, say 1 month ago (which is consistent with what most of us have posted).

2) These are TRANSIENT technical problems and VOOM is working on a fix.

3) No need to panic, VOOM is not over-compressing the signal like some of us feared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)