Pressing the rewind button jumps waaaaaaaayy back

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello
Hopper 3, with wired joeys 2, and 52.0 remote. The joey has software version J272.
As I watch a program from OTA channels or satellite channels, pressing the back rewind button EVER SO SLIGHTLY, jumps way back to the beginning of when I tuned to that channel; it's as if I held it down using SUPER THUMB. It happened with another remote, so I paired a newer remote that wasn't used as much = same result.

Is this a software thing? Or is my thumb that powerfully strong?

thank you

Unplug your Hopper, wait 30 seconds, re plug the Hopper and let it restart. Might be a transient software glitch that rebooting fixes.

That's always the first thing to do when Dish hardware goes wonky.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Unplug your Hopper, wait 30 seconds, re plug the Hopper and let it restart. Might be a transient software glitch that rebooting fixes.

That's always the first thing to do when Dish hardware goes wonky.
Thanks Jim
I killed the power to it, not unplugged, a few days ago. Would that count?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hello
Hopper 3, with wired joeys 2, and 52.0 remote. The joey has software version J272.
As I watch a program from OTA channels or satellite channels, pressing the back rewind button EVER SO SLIGHTLY, jumps way back to the beginning of when I tuned to that channel; it's as if I held it down using SUPER THUMB. It happened with another remote, so I paired a newer remote that wasn't used as much = same result.

Is this a software thing? Or is my thumb that powerfully strong?

thank you
See I told you it wasn't your thumb. Next time try a 🛠.