Previously leased 811

j wherley

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Mohall, North Dakota
Has anyone had any success getting dish to activate an 811 on an account after it was leased to someone else??? I recently bought an 811 from a liquidation auction, it was stated that it did not work, however when I received it and hooked it up everything seemed to work fine!! So I called dish to activate it they took the numbers needed but said they would not or could not activate it as it was a leased receiver! I looked up the previous owner on dish home and the account is paid with no balance owed! I have e-mailed CEO@dishnetwork twice and I have not gotten any response from them, any help would be appreciated. I know that you are supposed to check out the receiver number before purchase but I did not pay much for the 811 and I forgot that they could be leased, as I own all of my equipment from dish. Thanks for this opportunity to read and learn!!

Dish Network owns the receiver. The lessor was supposed to return it to Dish.

Unfortunately, you will most likely not be able to activate it, unless you can convince Dish to let you do so. I've seen a few leased 322s allowed, but not an 811.

j wherley said:
Has anyone had any success getting dish to activate an 811 on an account after it was leased to someone else??? I recently bought an 811 from a liquidation auction, it was stated that it did not work, however when I received it and hooked it up everything seemed to work fine!! So I called dish to activate it they took the numbers needed but said they would not or could not activate it as it was a leased receiver! I looked up the previous owner on dish home and the account is paid with no balance owed! I have e-mailed CEO@dishnetwork twice and I have not gotten any response from them, any help would be appreciated. I know that you are supposed to check out the receiver number before purchase but I did not pay much for the 811 and I forgot that they could be leased, as I own all of my equipment from dish. Thanks for this opportunity to read and learn!!
Technically you are in possesion of stolen property. Call DISH and see if you qualify for an 811 upgrade under Dishin it up. If you do see if they will lease you the receiver you currently have. If not see if you can return it to the seller or if DISH will ship you a prepaid shipping box to return it to them. :)

I just got stuck with one of these leased 811s on a cheap ebay purchase from an electronics resellers ebay store [MaxxElectronics]. The seller refuses to take it back, so I am considering contacting his local police about his sale of stolen property. :mad:

The E*tech I tried to activate it with said to always get the SAID and reg numbers off the box before purchasing any resales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts