Previously watched?

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I know if you have something in your DVR that has been recorded, and you go to record it , it will skip it.

Is there anyway to set it up so if you go to record it, and even though it no longer is on your hard drive, it still skips it?

If not, that would be a good idea for dish. That way if I go to record something, it skips it , if it knows I have watched it before.

Man Timmy, you must have a different DVR then the rest of us.

If you have it set to record all episodes it records all episodes... if you have it set to record only new episodes then it only records New episodes.

On my DVR I must have the same episode of How its Made about 15 times since I record all episodes.

I know if you have something in your DVR that has been recorded, and you go to record it , it will skip it.

Is there anyway to set it up so if you go to record it, and even though it no longer is on your hard drive, it still skips it?

If not, that would be a good idea for dish. That way if I go to record something, it skips it , if it knows I have watched it before.

If you make the choice to record something, you would rather the device skip it if it knows that you have already seen it? How would that be a good idea?

Maybe I am not understanding exactly what it is that you want?

Man Timmy, you must have a different DVR then the rest of us.

If you have it set to record all episodes it records all episodes... if you have it set to record only new episodes then it only records New episodes.

On my DVR I must have the same episode of How its Made about 15 times since I record all episodes.

Scott, mine does what he mentioned on movies off of premiums. Never tried it on series shows, as I do have those set to record only new episodes.

For example, I went to record X-Men first class a few weeks ago. Had forgotten that I had already recorded it, and it was already on the hard drive. It skipped the recording.

Did you pick to record all episodes of the movie? (The default is once)

Restore function. Works for me.

Edit: wow. Lots of posts before I got back to replying.

Scott, mine does what he mentioned on movies off of premiums. Never tried it on series shows, as I do have those set to record only new episodes.

Yup; same for series shows. Were this not the case, given the extreme number of repeats on most all networks, everybody's DVRs would be full in a week or two.

He wants to have all episodes recording (not just new), but wants it to remember that is has recorded a program in the past and not record it again. In other words based on prior watched not prior recorded. Once an episode drops out of the recording history and has been deleted from the drive it will record again if it is shown again.

I have seen "all episodes" timer events get skipped for "Exists in DVR", unless I manually unskip them. So, the OP is asking for that same functionality for other events that have already been recorded, watched, and deleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)