Problem with Espn channels

jsz1002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Hickory, NC
When trying to view Espn, Espn2, etc, I receive an Attention 890 message. This only seems to occur on these channels and also ABC family. Any ideas? I have a Hopper with Sling and two Joeys and this occurs on all of them. Thanks!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412214454331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412214454331.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 163
The 890 error is the HDCP protocol that was put into place about 6 years ago by the MPAA and adopted by several distributors like HBO, and Disney. Reasons for the error occurring can be older HDTV's that were made prior to the adoption of HDCP. I have also seen older HDMI cables cause the error.

We've been having this problem with a few customers ever since Dish made their new agreement with Disney. The latest issue we had was from a customer I sold a TV to and upgraded his Dish to HD. The HDMI cable that came with the receiver had the issue and so did a new one that we tried. We ended up taking out the HDMI cable and connecting it with Component cables.

I've seen this problem cause a TroubleCall or chargeback for a bunch of techs in my old office. Apparently a bunch of CSR's are not as smart as JasonS is here or you have customers that are just too hard headed to listen or would rather have a tech come back out and bring a new HDMI cable or wave a magic wand to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)