Problem with forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I'm having a problem using the editing features of the forum. This has happened before, and I was able to fix the problem, but I can't remember the cause or the cure, so I can't seem to get it working today. Earlier today, I made several posts, and was able to use the advanced editing features when sending or editing message, but about an hour or so ago, I could no longer do this. Ie I can't insert a smile face, or image or hit the button to wrap quotes, etc, etc. Sometimes it won't even let me send a message. If I go to another computer, everything works, so it's something I've done to this computer. I've rebooted several times, reloaded the browser, etc, but nothing helps. Does this ring a bell with someone?? Seems like once before, I was blocking some url that the forum uses, but I removed my host file, and that doesn't help. confused.

EDIT:
:eek: ?? Works with Firefox, so obviously something I've done with SeaMonkey's setup. I'm using SeaMonkey on other computer, so it isn't that SeaMonkey doesn't work.

Last edited:
:):(:mad::p:confused:;):D

Well I got it working again, but I don't think this is the same solution that worked last time.
I use the "prefbar" plugin, which allows me to quickly enable/disable things like Javascript, popups, flash, etc. I had all those things checked, so I assumed that they were enabled, but apparently the prefbar wasn't working. I added a couple items, then removed them, which apparently reset the prefbar, and now everything is working again.
Hope I remember this in a couple months when this happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEAM SUMMIT MEET AND GREET SIGN UP!

Where is my Hyperlink Icon??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)