Status
Please reply by conversation.

bassist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
South Carolina
Need Coolsat experts here:

I have two CS4000 Pros. I got them both used, & I shall say, they came with less than virgin SW. For a while one of them worked well switching between my KU lnb (locked on 83w) & my Cband lnb (locked on 91w). Then suddenly, the EWTN (on 91) channels started showing the "bad signal" message whenever I switched it to the cband. 91w still shows as "locked" on a bunch of TPs, but the EWTN TPs (3920, SR 26000) show nothing.

I took the 4000 out to the BUD, rescanned & locked in the EWTN TP, got a picture, brought it inside, connected it up & the same thing, no signal on the EWTN TP. So I eliminated the switch & got a lock. So I tried using 2 other disceq 4x1 that I know are good & still no lock on EWTN.

The 4000 works fine going back to the KU lnb using any of the three switches.

So I try the 2nd CS4000. In short, the 2nd 4000 DOES get EWTN (again the Cband), BUT it refuses to lock onto the RTN TP on the KU band lnb. (IE, just the opposite of the 1st CS4000!)

Of course, I did go through the same steps as outlined in the second paragraph.

So, what should I try next?

(It's a slight PITA to hook up one CS to get RTN & the other to get EWTN.)

I might as well try the factory file and the (as CS says) a 'factory set'.

I gotta say, maybe I'm expecting to much from essentially free STBs:)

nah. I can get 91W no problems on my CS5000 (which ius like the 4000)

Just checked EWTN to make sure it wasnt an uplink issue and its there...same with CW

I haven't been able to get CW at all, either by blind scanning of by trying to lock on by going thru the "adding a TP & manually scanning" route.

Maybe resetting my CS4000s might help that also.

if its a known good diesq switch and it scans out at the dish , did you connect the coax directly inside the house to rule out a bad coax connections? ( without the diesqc switch)

1) Thanks Ice for the tip on getting CW.

2) Gabshere, I did try eliminating the switch (IE a straight cable run.) One CS scans & receives the KU 83W while the other does well with C band 91.

I went ahead & loaded in the factory file & reset on one of the stbs. I may not get a chance to play around today, but I will tomorrow.

BTW: Would there be any harm in trying a SW21 switch??

Still cannot get CW

"3. change that transponder to the CW numbers that Lyngsat shows (3720)...when done entering hit exit and it will save DO NOT HIT OK AS IT WILL TRY AND SCAN AND YOU LOSE THE EXISTING CHANNELS IN THERE"

HeyIceberg,

There appears not to be a way of changing the TP's numbers on the manual scan menu. All I can do is delete the TP. [FONT=&quot]

"4. go to channel edit
5. select the first channel on the EWTN mux and edit the pids"
[/FONT]
Now when I deleted the 3920 TP & went to the "edit channels", there were no channels to edit.

When I leave the EWTN mux on & select a channel, the TP Freq & the channel pids show up, but there doesn't seem to be a way to directly access the boxes in which they appear.

I do have 3720 on my tp list, & I'm getting a lock, but I still cannot figure a way of getting to the vpid & apid numbers:confused:

ok...lets try again

-delete the 3720 transponder (CW) and readd the 3920 tp (EWTN)
-scan in all the channels for EWTN
-go into the manual scan and find 3920 transponder
-just retytpe over the existing frequency info..when you start it will say "edit" or "add"....select edit
type in 3720 for frequency and change the symbol rate then press "EXIT"...it will say "do you want to save"...press "yes"
then go into channel edit, select the 1st channel, hit OK and a screen will pop up with the channel name and pids.

change the PIDS to what is posted above and exit out (it will save then)...you should have a picture now which is CW East
do the same for the other 2...you can delete the other channels then because EWTN has like 15 video channels

then you can go back and readd a transponder for EWTN And rescan those in. As long as you dont delete the 3720 transponder CW channels will stay in the receiver (well unless you delete them)

cool. Now use 2 other channels to add the mountain and west CW feeds

west

mountain

I got 'em all. Thanx Iceberg.

Now I'm done with my honeydo jobs, I'm going outside to see if I can get my wife's ewtn channels & my rtn channels to lock with a 4x1 switch included.

adding EWTN is easy on the receiver...just add the transponder back

now about that switching issue......

I already added back the EWTNs. So I think I've found my problem and it is not with the switching.

All these results are outside within 8-10 cable feet of the dishes:

With CS4000 "A" I lock onto 91 (the CW & EWTN) & 99 (the Caribbean nets) no matter what port assigned OR with straight wire. "A" however does NOT lock onto the KU 83 (RTN) no matter what the cable path is. I edited TP 1 to be 11735 kHz & 4444 as a SR, and TP 2 to be 11742 kHz & 4232 and tried to lock on via the manual scan.

When I hook up stb "B", 83 locks instantly. The info button with "B" on RTN W & E matches the lyngsat data & the data entered into stb "A".

Now I'm stumped,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts