Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N3KTH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I'm going to try to describe a problem I have, although it may be difficult without seeing it....

I have a couple of sats what for some reason do not lock as they should... The 2 worst are G28 and AMC6... If I am watching something (say on G25) and move down to say ABC Now, the dish moves, stops, and the signal meter and quality meter shows 6% - 20%- - 0%- 40% - 6% etc etc....

Now the nutty part, ... if I bump the channel selector (between 2 channels on the same sat, not move the dish) or just go to setup and move the pointer around, the signal and Q meter suddenly jumps to 75% (and 10 secs or so) and all is well... I can watch it forever as long as I don't move off of this sat...

Same thing if I turn the receiver off. Say I am watching ABC Now and it's 75%+ perfect. Then I shut the receiver off. When I turn it back on, there is no signal. Again, playing with the remote (again not moving the dish) it will suddenly pop back in....

The result is the same on both of my dishes and with different LNBs. Also, I changed my cable out from RG6 to RG11.....

I guess there could be something wrong with the receiver, but I am stumped..

Any switches inline?

Test the voltage on the LNB IN port of the receiver. Consistent 13vdc on Vertical and 18vdc on Horizontal, or is the voltage incorrect or not present when the signal is lost?

Also try bypassing the motor or perform the same voltage checks before the motor and after the motor.

I have the same problem once in a while, I believe it is the Diseqc switch. I don't use a motor, just switches. I have done the same as you - move up/down a channel and then back. Once in a while I have to re-boot the receiver.
Bob

Well..

I took the Diseqc switch out of line and still have the same problem. I did reset the receiver to factory specs and the problem is the same...

If is frustrating...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)