Programing Soundbar for volume with genie remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Im trying to program the new genie remote to control the volume on my Samsung - 2.1-Channel Soundbar model number HWF450, the only problem is that the model number is not listed in the directv settings, Im just trying to program the remote to control volume and mute is all. Any advice?

Do they list other soundbars? If so, I'd try those on the off chance it works.

What kind of remote? Rc71 pr rc6x.

With rc6x . You can do a code search. 9.1.3 then power button. Then press channel up until the sound bar powers down. I've had luck progamming this way on sound bars without the codes.

Good luck

Well then I'd try the other codes for Samsung. It seems your best shot.

What I would do is select I don't know my model. Let the first code program. Then change volume lock to audio device and test the volume. If that code doesn't work just keep trying. Don't test the power button like it says on the screen test the volume button.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What I would do is select I don't know my model. Let the first code program. Then change volume lock to audio device and test the volume. If that code doesn't work just keep trying. Don't test the power button like it says on the screen test the volume button.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I second this. Should work no problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The code you need is 32609, but it isn't preset into ANY directv remote, especially the rc71, which has no audio codes at all. It has to be sent to remote by the receiver.

The code you need is 32609, but it isn't preset into ANY directv remote, especially the rc71, which has no audio codes at all. It has to be sent to remote by the receiver.

We have an Edmond sighting !!!

Good to see you again Edmund :)

Last edited:
Im trying to program the new genie remote to control the volume on my Samsung - 2.1-Channel Soundbar model number HWF450, the only problem is that the model number is not listed in the directv settings, Im just trying to program the remote to control volume and mute is all. Any advice?
Try this:
Go to: Menu > Settings > Remote Manager > Aux Code > Audio Accessory > choose lookup code > Samsung (or your brand soundbar).
Should find correct one on first try. Test out with - + volume keys. If it works for you, then
Go back to remote manager & choose volume to set control volume for aux.
Your Dish remote should now work with your Samsung (or your brand) sound bar.

You just posted to a two year old DIRECTV topic.

That being said - explain to me why the RC7X series is superior. Two years ago is no different in that regard, only shows how long people have had problems with that thing. If you only have TV and Directv, it's fine, I know that. But in any other circumstance, this happens. How is that an improvement?!?!

most tv's that have a sound bar plugged can use an optical cable. then turn off the TV speakers and you dont even have to worry about it because you can leave the remote programmed for the TV sound and the TV takes care of it. usually requires the salesman to be on top of his game to get them to buy an optical cable though lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)