Programming advice?

jldhawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Spirit Lake, Iowa
I have been a E* Customer until I was transferd with my job to Spirit Lake, Ia 51360
I closed my account and sent back my receivers.
I am now looking for advice on my best Programming deal, I am also looking for the right Off-air antenna.
I am at least 75-100 miles (As the crow flies) from my nearest HD tower.
I had a Terk rooftop antenna in my old home.
I close on my new home July 16th. I have a little time before I lock anything in.

Well, I figured that I was on my own, so I contacted Dish, they are going to install my sytem next week, I am in The Lakes region of Iowa Zip 51360 (North Central) and still get Sioux City, Ia as my locals threw Dish, however they are not in HD (DMA 144ish) I see that they are adding Des Moines Iowa "SOON", can I get those Locals in HD via Dish when they come on?

I ordered a Dual tuner HD DVR, Will I get the new VIP722?
Plus I ordered a SD Dual tuner (322)
:clap

AS you said, your digital OTA stations are mostly about 70 miles out.

There will be CBS on channel 12 out of Mankato after Feb. 2009 change over. Also ABC, CBS and NBC on VHF-high out of Sioux Falls.

If you really want OTA, you can get it.

Go with the VHF portion of a Winegard HD8200U and add an Antennas Direct 91XG for UHF combined with a Channel Master 7777 pre-amp.

Put it on the tallest tower you can afford , maybe even add a rotator so you can get Mankato, Sioux Falls and Sioux City stations.

Thanks for the reply, My install is scheduled for today. I'll work out the locals in HD later. Didn't know about Mankato CBS.. thanks.

I am getting a 322 and a Vip722.