Programming AV1 & AV2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

biz56

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 8, 2009
North Carolina
I am using RF to control my HR 24 but am having no luck programming AV1 and AV2 (for DVD and VCR) on my new DirecTV remotes. None of the codes seem to work. However, I was successful in programming these devices when the remote was set to IR. I now suspect that the remote will not support IR for AV1 and AV2 programming when set to RF for the DirecTV box. Is that correct?

Both the remotes I have support RF (FCC stickers on the back) and IR. I think one is the RC65RB. Don't remember the other.

Thanks,

Ben

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
The remote WILL work in RF & IR modes - the slide switch settings for D*, AV1 & AV2 can individually be prog for IR or RF usage, but the RF mode will ONLY work on D* receivers that are RF capable.

It sounds like you need to reset the AV1 & AV2 positions back to default/RF off, THEN reprog with your device codes - try this:

-slide switch to AV1, then hold down MUTE+SELECT; after light comes on, press 9 6 1 [ch down]
-then hold down MUTE+SELECT; after light comes on, press 0 0 0 0 1
-then reprog your particular device code & it should now work

Repeat the above processes for the AV2 setting

Last edited:

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
Your TV, AV1, and AV2 devices must also be RF capable. Even then it may not work.

Sorry but you're very wrong on this, The Directv RF remote can only control Directv branded receivers via RF, tv's, vcr's, stereo's, dvd's, or whatever are ALL controlled via IR only. Even older named brand RF directv receivers under such brands as Sony, RCA, HUghes, and Uniden can only be controlled via IR, reason RF frequencies, the White Directv Rf remotes only know one RF frequency, the one used by current receivers. No RF remote know's more then one RF frequency at a time.

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
Hi Edmund, wasn't sure if you still lurked around here...

I could not quickly find your excellent instructions on prog D* remotes back to defualt IR mode, as if they were brand new. I know it involves doing 00001 in all modes - but that same post also had how to do RF in all 3 modes. Can you please provide a link for it?

(Does my instructions I gave above sound right?)

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
It doesn't matter what device you're in when you do the 981 reset because it sets each and every device back to factory default:

1. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
2. enter 9 8 1

If you wish to just set the single device back to IR from RF, it can be done two ways:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

OR

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 1
4. press CH DOWN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)