programming changes here?

chrisn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Looking to change my program pkg... do the team members on here help with that or should I just call or use chat? thanks

use the chat

The folks here are more designed to handle bigger issues when the 1st line CSR's can't correct the issue.

With your account info they can do just as much if not maybe more than those you speak to on the phone, plus they know what they are doing. ;)

Sent from my Droid using the SatelliteGuys app

The OP is just wanting to change a programming package. A waste of time for the Dirt team. More important things for them to do.

Looking to change my program pkg... do the team members on here help with that or should I just call or use chat? thanks

We can change it, will take just a couple seconds to get it done.

If you want, feel free to PM account info (including account security), and I'll get it done for you.

Thanks Matt. Good to know the scope of your role here for next time, but I already called and did it that way...

There's also a pretty good "do it yourself" interface on the website for this kind of thing. A few mouse clicks to change some options and then a "submit" type button and you're all done. I downgraded to a cheaper programming package the other day that way and it was a breeze. If you're the type of person who likes to see your options all laid out in front of you so you can mull them over, prefers not having to have a conversation with someone, or hates waiting on hold and listening to commercials (Not sure Dish does that last part -- just some other companies I've had experience with); being able to do so much through a web interface is almost a godsend.

I'm a curmudgeon and have been known to complain about some things related to Dish on occasion, but I've got to give them kudos on allowing programming changes and such through the website, plus the layout they chose for it. I was impressed to see it when I signed up -- I've been saying for years that the cable company should do something like that, and here Dish Network had the same idea as I did (Probably first).

There's also a pretty good "do it yourself" interface on the website for this kind of thing. A few mouse clicks to change some options and then a "submit" type button and you're all done. I downgraded to a cheaper programming package the other day that way and it was a breeze. If you're the type of person who likes to see your options all laid out in front of you so you can mull them over, prefers not having to have a conversation with someone, or hates waiting on hold and listening to commercials (Not sure Dish does that last part -- just some other companies I've had experience with); being able to do so much through a web interface is almost a godsend.

I'm a curmudgeon and have been known to complain about some things related to Dish on occasion, but I've got to give them kudos on allowing programming changes and such through the website, plus the layout they chose for it. I was impressed to see it when I signed up -- I've been saying for years that the cable company should do something like that, and here Dish Network had the same idea as I did (Probably first).

I agree that online programming changes are easy to do. The only problem I see is the Welcome Pack and Dish Family pack are not available at dish.com though :( (the OP changed to the Welcome Pack per his post on another thread).

I changed packages (myself, using the web) earlier this week and am disappointed that my custom channel lists cannot be fixed to remove the channels to which I no longer subscribe. I found a work-around for timers on those channels (I couldn't delete them directly, though if I changed their priority in the queue, I could then delete those timers). Receiver is the 922.

Is there a work-around?

This one is a known issue with the receiver. Resetting factory defaults on receiver (I'm pretty sure you'll have to recreate your favorites lists) should fix the problem.

There's no ETA on when the s/w fix will be put out for this one.

I changed packages (myself, using the web) earlier this week and am disappointed that my custom channel lists cannot be fixed to remove the channels to which I no longer subscribe. I found a work-around for timers on those channels (I couldn't delete them directly, though if I changed their priority in the queue, I could then delete those timers). Receiver is the 922.

Is there a work-around?

Your custom channel list can indeed be changed. You just need to do it...edit list.

I agree, I have used the website to change programming a few times myself. It works great!

Your custom channel list can indeed be changed. You just need to do it...edit list.

This does not work for me. I cannot toggle the channels to which I'm no longer subscribed.

I'm happy for you if that's not the case on your machine, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts