Programming one remote for two DSRs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
I want to program my Motorola remote to operate both a 922 and a 920 as separate units.

I have tried following the instructions that came with the remote to use the AUX to program a code in for a 920. That did not work.

I tried following the instructions in the 922 manual about programming the remote in the AUX mode for the 920, but that did not work either.

Of course, the remote will work on both receivers through the SAT mode, but one problem....I am using both receivers in my living room. The IR is used for the 920 and the UHF is used on the 922. Each receiver has its own separate 8 foot mesh dish.

I just do not want to have to take the antenna off the 922 every time I want to sit in my living room and use the 920. Nor do I want to have to block/cover up the remote sensor on the 922 if I were to remove the 922's antenna.

I also watch tv upstairs and use the UHF on the 922 to watch programs.

I have the 922 hooked up using only a c-band lnb, and I want to use a c/ku lnb on the 920. So having one remote with two separate codes for operating these two receivers would be awesome.

Football season is coming up and I would like to search out the wild feeds and backhauls, etc. on the 920.

So...has anyone been able to program the remote to handle two DSRs? Any suggestions will be appreciated.:D

there isnt any way to do what you want that i know of. what i do is to have on reciever on and the other off. that way when you hit the power button it toggles recievers. best work around i have found.

crackt out,.

Thanks, Crackt.

But I gotta tell you something....there is a way. :eek:

Even though I read and re-read the 922 operator's guide, the information just did not sink in :eek: until I called and talked to a tech at satellitemart.com. What he told me was what was exactly in the manual.

On page 50 of the DSR922 Operator's Guide, "If you have more than one satellite receiver", the information explains how to change the "address" of the receiver to a different "address". Then program the remote on the AUX mode for the code you had changed in the receiver.

Address "A0" is changed to "A1" on the receiver. Program the remote in the AUX mode to "0001".

I followed the remote's instructions about programming a code in instead of the instructions of the operator's guide.

The remote I have is the Motorola URC941.

I attached the antenna on the 920.

So, now both of my DSRs work independently of each other. I just have to make sure to press AUX on the remote to operate the 920 or the 922 will come on.

:D

most sat answers are here

BIG THANKS
Desertnight
For this post and getting the answer.
got 2 922 units for free today and one would not work with the remote, it was in #2 mode. and thanks to your post it is now fixed,
thanks again
goes to show most sat answers are here at satguys

Your welcome, madmadworld. Glad I was able to help. :)

I feel like I am always asking the questions, looking for answers. I find some specific answers and other answers that are food for thought. The satguys forum is where I always go first to find an answer.

Two FREE 922's???? :up:up:up:up:up Wow, what a great day you had when you came into possession of those receivers!!!! Now...the fun part begins.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts