Pros & Cons of being a dealer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue25

Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
usa
Im interested in being a dealer for Directv. I would like to know the pros & cons and how to become an elite dealer. If anyone can help me with that i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sorry , but I don't see any Pros of being a dealer for D* or E*.
Customers can call up Directv and Dishnetwork and get what ever they need and get it installed for free.
I've not 1 time had a retailer give me a better deal then Directv, or Dishnetwork.

I provide a "personal touch" to my customers, I'm not just a voice on a phone. My customers are always satisfied with their installations because it's always installed exactly the way they want it done (when it's possible). Sure, there may be additional charges to the customers for a custom install, but they would much rather pay a little more to have it installed the way they want vs. the way the installer says it has to be done. Also, as long as it doesn't (and sometimes even if it does) cut into my profit margin, I'll give the customer the best possible offer that I can. The ones that the DirecTV rep on the phone wont even bother to offer or even mention unless you practically beg for it. People like having a local guy that they can turn to if they have any questions or problems.

Like anything else, there are pros and cons to being a dealer. Charge backs suck, but if your churn is low, it's really not a big deal. I make it a point to explain EVERYTHING to a potential customer before they ever see a contract. This way people understand exactly what they are getting into. Last year we had around a 3.5% churn rate. That's miles under the national average. Being honest and having good customer service goes a long way in a business like this. There is potential for huge profits if you know what you're doing.

I strongly believe in customer service and intergrity when building a business. What does it take to become an elite dealer.

Thanks again

Elite dealers has high numbers of sales which is hard these days. Only about 2 out of 10 people will pass the credit check and once you get them installed you better hope they don't cut off before the end of the year because you as the dealer will get charged back. You can make money but the chargebacks will kill you.

Thanks for the information on my post Wildblue, Directv, Hughes. Would you happen to know what Directv looks for in credit checks

Directv Dealer

Think before you become a Directv dealer this days is hard to get customers with good credit and if you do you still has the chance to get chargebacks, you have to babysit your customer for a year. less than that you get 100% chargeback you lose installation and all the money DTV pays you. Your churn can not be higher than 2.5% if you get more than that you will be terminated. In other words Been a Directv dealer is not that easy and to be honest with you if you become Elite dealer you are in a risk of losing your dealership because directv will be watching you very close and if they don't like something, they will terminated you no questions asks. Sorry to tell you this but now is not a good time to become a DTV dealer you will have to deal with a lot of chargebacks and that's what kills a dealer.

Get into Home Theater/Multimedia Installs and set yourself up as a Referral Sales with D* (some threads in the Installer Zone) You get $100-$150 a sale and hang the TV and set up the surround, 2-3 hours of work for $300-$500. Also pre-wiring new homes. I would get into everything related to TV/Internet/Audio sans the DBS install, if I was to venture on my own at this point in time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts