PS3 $100 off 7/15 - 7/21

I would bet that if Target and CC do it, everyone will be doing it... glad I held out on buying one last month and let the money just sit there waiting till E3, now i can get the remote, and a game for the same money i would of spent before...

Whoops sorry. :)

Yes $499 ($100 off the regular price)

See what I get for typing in the dark? :D

Too bad...I was actually thinking about it at $399.99. $499.99 Is still too much for me now, but the 5 free movies sounds really good!!

Too bad...I was actually thinking about it at $399.99. $499.99 Is still too much for me now, but the 5 free movies sounds really good!!

Sign up for the Target credit card and get 10% off of your purchase then pay it off on the first bill. That will bring the price down to $450.

Now official.

Annoyed that they didn't embrace the news leaking and instead adamantly denied a price decrease was coming, and now days later make an official price drop.

KOTV.com - The News On 6

New 80gb version coming in August (isnt it already easy to upgrade the drive, does external storage work?) with a 'free' copy of Motorstorm (which will prolly be a budget title by then?) and will retail for $599.

Not a lot for $100 there.

E3 07: 60GB PS3 $499, 80GB due in August - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

What would the purpose be of the 80gb... you could download everything at the PS Store and not even use up 5gb unless you unloaded your entire mp3 player onto it, which would make no sense since it is USB compliant.

While the price drop makes sense why make another unit that will only confuse or aggrivate people more. The 20gb system never cought on, the 60gb has been sitting on shelves for months, and now release an 80gb unit (which will likely replace the 60gb one in under a year and like someone else said it is USB so you can add external storage or change the internal hard drive for a lot less than $100)

Cnn.com is saying the price cut is effective Today. So I guess I know what i am doing on the way home from work...

Looks like Christmas came early for those that were waiting for a price drop. I wasn't anticipating a price drop until closer to Black Friday.

Also Joystiq is now reporting that the new 80gb PS3 will have "limited backward compatability" and mimic the chipset of the European model (so missing the chip dedicated to this, and moving to a software solution).

With the minor additions (and this subtraction) for a $100 markup I think this could be the 'hey we are now making money off the PS3' edition by the time it premieres in August.

A 360 price drop would be sweet. I am surprised at how many people post about thinking about getting/already having a 2nd 360.

WOW!! $100 off and 5 free BD movies!!! I guess we are going to see how fast these lower priced PS3s sell. Amazon has already reported a 700% increase in PS3 sales. Those looking for a top of the line BD player can now get one at $499 with the PS3 and they can play games if they want too!:D

Yeah like Gears of War, Halo 3 and and ...oopps thats the 360...... :rolleyes:

I just love how the fanboys have to get there shot in whenever they can... whether its the PS3/360 or HD-DVD/BluRay.

I think alot of it stems from the fear they may have bought the wrong hardware... on either side of the coin.

Got my PS3 last night, now i am itching to get a game... rentals for the time being... suggestions?

BigTim- Resistance has received high praise. Others with good reviews are Ninja Gaiden and Elder Scrolls:Oblivian. Calling All Cars! on the PSN is supposed to be good also.

There's some F1 racing type game that ive played at PS3 kiosks a few times.

Whenever I do, it makes me say almost out loud 'i'd like to see the 360 pull this off'

And that's from a fairly objective IMO 360 fanboy.

Whatever that game is, try it out!

E3 press conferences live....

35 Disney Films Coming to Xbox Live

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)