PS3 Not reading Disks

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
As usual, when something isn't working correctly, the first thing I do is jump on to Sat Guys and see if by brethren can help me out. Well, I'm unfortunately back and looking for an answer. Was playing a game of NBA 2K9 and the dern thing froze. Couldn't get anything to do anything for several minutes and had no choice but to turn it off. Tried again and the disk ins't showing up. Tried a BluRay and no go. Let it go for the evening, tried the Blu again this morning and it loaded and played perfectly. Jr. came homw, tried another game of 2K9, loaded and played perfect till the middle of the third quarter, froze again. Once again, not reading that a disk has been loaded. Next step? Thanks for any suggestions, my kids and I love our PS3 and I would like to get this resolved asap so we don't have a holiday disaster!! Thanks again! Jonathan, Flying J

What you describes sounds heat related (works for a time, then doesnt, like something's getting warm and stops working) but here's a fix I found:

PS3 wont read any games, dvds or cds - FixYa

EASY FIX!!!!! my ps3 has been acting up off and on for a few weeks. tonight would not load anything....(now it works good) i just folded a buisness car in half the long way. don't fold it hard. slid it in the disk slot about an inch to open up the rubber flaps. then just blow hard. TIP: try not to spit in there LOL first clean the dust off the ps3..... dont want to take the chance of puting more dust in there. canned air will work too just make sure you spray air not liquid hope this helps someone

Hope the fix is that easy for ya.

It's overheating, mine did the same thing, called sony and they told me to get a laptop cooler pad. I placed the PS3 on it and put it in well vented area and haven't had anymore problems. Also, get a Blu-Ray/DVD cleaner disc and run it for a few minutes, so it can clean the eye. :up

May not be overheating. Mine did the same thing after nine months of useage. Although, the disc reading problem was occuring regarless of when I turned it on. Sony swapped the unit out for a new one three months back. Mine was a 40GB version of the box

60 Gig, three years old. Did it with evey game or disk, Just got off with Sony,

Replacement: $149.00
Time: Less than 2 weeks

Ya, depends on how much you use it, and especially if it's the only console you've got in the house. If it was my 360 I'd have no problems with that charge (other than being generally upset it happened) but if it happened to my PS3 i'd have to put some thought into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)