PS3 Virtual Joey App Available Today

Tried to set it up today, downloaded the app to the PS3, got as far as the "call Dish to activate" screen.

I called and was informed I had the wrong Joey, she said I needed a "virtual joey" LOL, after a few minutes of beating my head against the wall I let her go.

Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks.

works with 722k + slingbox adapter?

anyway we can get the ps3 app to work with the 722k/slinbox setup? I use the ios and android apps just fine, would be very nice to use my ps3 or ps4.

I also tried setting it up. Got the call Dish to activate. Spent about 45 min with Tech rep to get it to work ( I asked why it is so complicated, she said that there are not too many calls about it and they all learning it when someone calls). Got it configured and could access the menu and see the guide, however, I could not see actual broadcasts, Just black screen. Then found out it costs $7 and canceled the whole thing.

Then found out it costs $7 and canceled the whole thing.

If only there was a notice in the download description that says there's a cost associated with the use of this product. :rolleyes:

Seriously, every other app in the store either mentions a free trial or a monthly cost. Don't tell me it's not Sony's problem, they approved the copy that goes in the description. Someone should have raised a red flag and said, "umm... wait a minute."

Last edited:
I also tried setting it up. Got the call Dish to activate. Spent about 45 min with Tech rep to get it to work ( I asked why it is so complicated, she said that there are not too many calls about it and they all learning it when someone calls). Got it configured and could access the menu and see the guide, however, I could not see actual broadcasts, Just black screen. Then found out it costs $7 and canceled the whole thing.

There is a setting that needs to be activated under the PS3 system settings to "protect" the HD signal called DTCP-IP. You should have gotten the prompt to go to System Settings and activate it before continuing with the set up process for the application. My CSR told me the same thing when I called in and activated the Virtual Joey on my PS3 but it only took him ten minutes to get me up and going even after talking to his supervisor a couple of times. Virtual Joey service should be a couple of dollars cheaper a month in my opinion because it lacks application support and home media server support but it still works decent and I like the fact that when I'm done playing a PS3 game I can just turn on the VJ and watch TV without picking up a remote and turning the TV's input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)