PS4 Owners Thread

I would just like a dongle so I could use my Harmony remote like I could on PS3. I would probably switch back to using my PS4 as a blu-ray player if my remote worked because it can pass the bitstream HD audio directly to my audio receiver while the Xbox One insists on decoding it itself.

I'll think about buying this remote but I would rather use the same Harmony I use for all my other gear for the PS4.

I'm excited pending how robust the universal remote functions are. I'm guessing this doesn't have any learning capabilities, so if it doesn't allow me to access my cable box's DVR recordings and use its a, b, and c buttons, it will be pretty useless to me. In which case, I'll have to give it a pass and stick to the PS3 for all media related functions, including CD playback since the PS4 still seems to be the only device with an optical drive that I'm aware of (including $25 DVD players and $15 mini boom boxes) that doesn't allow CD playback. Sadly the PS4 remote looks more like a nerfed PS3 remote, missing certain key buttons and still not backlit like its predecessor.

Why not just update the software to use the current PS3 one? Not like there's anything different that's needed.
2 Possible reasons:

1. It's really not as simple as that and the hardware has some sort of difference that makes it hard/impossible for the old remote to work with the PS4.
2. $$$

Anyone else getting excited for Fallout 4?

It's the game I'm most looking forward too this fall. I've been checking Green Man Gaming almost daily to see if they are going to do one of their awesome pre-order deals they do for a lot of other games. So far the best you can get is 23% off using one of their vouchers they always have active.

I haven't been big on the Fallout series, but I attribute that more to me just not "melding" with them as opposed to them being bad games. Fallout 3 pushed me away because it was just too glitchy when I played it, and I just lost interest in NV. Maybe after they do the obligatory GOTY edition I'll give it a look.

I loved Fallout 3. Does Green Man Gaming over those deals for PS4 releases?

No. Green Man only does PC games as far as I know. They have had $35 pre-order deals for some of the big releases like Arkahm Knight and Witcher 3 though. If they do that for Fallout 4 or Star Wars Battlefront I will be all over it.

GMG only does digital PC releases, hence the name Green Man, because they're Green, because they don't produce any trash with physical games. At least that's my theory, but they definitely don't sell physical copies of anything.

I am officially a PS4 Owner now. After much debate if I was going to go from PS3 to gaming PC. I still may build one.
Wife likes to play a lot too and she said, build a PC if you want, but I want a PS4 also....so now I got to get some games.
Was hoping they made a version of Far Cry 3 for the PS4, but guess not.

I am officially a PS4 Owner now. After much debate if I was going to go from PS3 to gaming PC. I still may build one.
Wife likes to play a lot too and she said, build a PC if you want, but I want a PS4 also....so now I got to get some games.
Was hoping they made a version of Far Cry 3 for the PS4, but guess not.

I like my PS4 but if you were doing it for racing games like we talked about before the Xbox One might have been the better choice. The Forza series on Xbox One is universally loved by racing fans. It's been getting better reviews than Gran Turismo for a while now and there isn't any current competition on PS4. Gran Turismo is coming at some point but Drive Club is not a good game by most accounts. Project Cars and The Crew are supposedly decent games on PS4 but those are both available on Xbox One as well.

On top of that Forza has been alternating every year between the main Forza line and Forza Horizon. There are already 3 great racing exclusives on Xbox One and none on PS4.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure you will love your PS4, especially if you also bought it to play other games. Lots of big PS4 exclusives are just around the corner. As it stands now Xbox One is just a much better choice for racing game fans. Maybe that will change once Gran Turismo 7 hits.

I realize that this is all useless information if you already have your PS4 home and setup. If you just ordered online I figured you might still be able to cancel your order and switch though.

I like my PS4 but if you were doing it for racing games like we talked about before the Xbox One might have been the better choice. The Forza series on Xbox One is universally loved by racing fans. It's been getting better reviews than Gran Turismo for a while now and there isn't any current competition on PS4. Gran Turismo is coming at some point but Drive Club is not a good game by most accounts. Project Cars and The Crew are supposedly decent games on PS4 but those are both available on Xbox One as well.

On top of that Forza has been alternating every year between the main Forza line and Forza Horizon. There are already 3 great racing exclusives on Xbox One and none on PS4.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure you will love your PS4, especially if you also bought it to play other games. Lots of big PS4 exclusives are just around the corner. As it stands now Xbox One is just a much better choice for racing game fans. Maybe that will change once Gran Turismo 7 hits.

I realize that this is all useless information if you already have your PS4 home and setup. If you just ordered online I figured you might still be able to cancel your order and switch though.
Yeah the wife is the one that does the racing games. I discussed that with her also. She wanted to stick with PlayStation and I was fine with that. :)

She has not been playing as much as I do lately.
So she is ok for now. and she still has her stuff on PS3.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Fallout 4 on the Playstation Store. If I do that will the game download right away and be on my system the day of it's release if I have it on standby mode?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)