PTAT didn't run ?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Last night around 9pm, I looked at the tuner status screen and a message that PTAT "was about to start recording". Didn't think much of it other than that it should have started about an hour earlier. A short bit later my wife wanted to start watching The Voice (from the start) and it wasn't recording (or in the PTAT folder). Then I realized that The Big Bang Theory didn't get recorded either. Here's what the tuner status screen showed:
ptat-1.png
I tried searching (Google) for this specific message and found nothing. I have NOT tried rebooting the receiver, turning PTAT off then back on, etc. This is the only time it's happened that I know of...

We do have a known issue right now of PTAT being enabled but not recording, and our operations team is currently looking for feedback involving the orbitals you are receiving. Can you send me a PM with the account or phone # and 4-digit pin so I can get this sent forward? The Receiver/Smartcard IDs, Hardware ID, and Software Version would be appreciated as well!

I had this very same issue, and the only resolution(long term) was a RA. The short term was wait for that message, and the. Reset the receiver. Everything worked after that. But it was like that every single night until the RA.

Heh, my first thought was 'return authorization' but using "RA" like that was pretty odd....

I have to ask, how is this a hardware problem ?

I personally think it has to do with software and settings. When you get a replacement it's possible not everything is set up identical to how it was when the problem was present. By not having the exact same setup, the issue isn't seen.

Some have this issue and others don't, with the same software versions.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Exactly what Lucky said. The chance of getting one with the issue though, is very slim. And RA is the name used most commonly with Dish.

I personally think it has to do with software and settings
Why not offer a "reset" option for situations like this and/or many others ? Wait, isn't there already one ? You could literally re-image the receiver and leave the recordings untouched since they're in the user's partition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)